To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, knowledge, or skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned.
• Education Requirement(s): Must have a minimum of a completed technical school course of study in Information Technology or related or relevant field.
o Education Preferences: Associate’s (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field.
• Experience Requirement(s): Must have a minimum of 1 year of relevant Information Technology experience with increasing levels of responsibility that demonstrate interpersonal, technical, and leadership qualities necessary for success in overseeing some complex areas of Information Technology.
o Experience Preferences: Must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant Information Technology experience with increasing levels of responsibility that demonstrate interpersonal, technical, and leadership qualities necessary for success in overseeing complex areas of Information Technology.
• Supervisory Experience Requirement(s): N/A
o Supervisory Experience Preferences: N/A
• Certification Requirement(s): N/A
o Certification Preferences: Networks+, Security+, and any other relevant industry certification
• Driver’s License Requirement(s): Must possess a valid Kansas Driver’s license.
• Insurance Requirement(s): Must be eligible for company insurance coverage.
• Reading & Writing Ability Requirement(s): Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents, instructions, data and information, respond to common inquiries, requests and complaints, and to solve practical and technical problems.
• Math Ability Requirement(s): Must have the ability to understand and apply standardized mathematical formulas, principles, and methodology to technological problems and processes.
• Other Ability Requirement(s):
• Computer Proficiency Requirement(s): Must be proficient in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of computer systems and peripherals.
• Specific Knowledge/Skills Required: Must possess a firm knowledge of computing, networking, and software principles and practices.
• Ability to pass all required screening processes is necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Be a positive role model for others, treat others with courtesy and respect, and demonstrate professionalism at all times.
• Possess the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Accomplish both personal and organizational goals by considering varying viewpoints and suggestions, and demonstrating the desire to explore opportunities that positively contribute to the quality of SLI services and business functions.
• Demonstrate the ability to coach and motivate clients and coworkers to achieve to the best of their ability.
• Demonstrate initiative and do not allow barriers to stand in the way of goal achievement.
• Identify potential issues, apply sound judgment, and make clear recommendations for solutions to problems.
• Handle stressful situations and changes with an even temperament and flexibility.
• Ensure adherence to licensing requirements, CARF standards, and all local, state, and federal laws.
• Understand and support the organization’s mission, philosophy, and code of ethics.
• Demonstrate support for each person’s needs, choices, and participation in the community.
• Respond in a timely, professional, and positive manner to all clients, families and guardians, coworkers, stakeholders, and oversight entities.
• Interact with persons served professionally and respectfully at all times and respond to their needs in a dignified and timely manner.
• Report necessary information to supervisor(s) in a timely manner. Use all forms of communication, such as written, e-mail, incident reports and personal contact.
• Understand instruction from supervisor(s) and carry out instruction with minimal supervision. Contact supervisor(s) when clarification is needed.
• Communicate with all departments, as needed, to ensure the needs of the clients, the staff, and the organization are being met.
• Provide clear, concise, and detailed communication, both verbally and in written reports, documentation, and correspondence.
• Prepare reports on hardware and software issues as necessary.
TEAMWORK AND COOPERATION:
• Display a team-oriented approach through collaborative group effort, in order to achieve a common goal.
• Function as an active team member of SLI to provide a high quality of service and support. Share relevant and necessary information with team members/coworkers.
• Resolve any disputes that may occur objectively, expediently, professionally, and with integrity
• Work in cooperation with others, participating equally in shared responsibilities and tasks.
• Demonstrate flexibility, a willingness to collaborate, and an individual commitment to a common group goal.
• Participate in scheduled team meetings.
• Assist in the development of processes and systems that allow that facilitate the highest level of work efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
POLICY AND PROCEDURE:
• Refer to and follow all SLI policies and procedures.
• Report all violations of policies and/or procedures in a timely manner.
• Adhere to the organization’s code of ethics, as well as illness, incident, and accident reporting procedures.
• Adhere to confidentiality and privacy practices
• Provide services in accordance with SLI corporate policy and procedure and within standards for licensing and accreditation.
• Follow SLI’s dress code and represent the organization in a professional manner at all times.
• Be a positive role model and represent a solid public image for constituents and the organization by exhibiting appropriate behavior, dress, and hygiene.
• Participate in community and civic organizations as assigned.
• Immediately report all press inquiries to the Vice President of Development or the CEO.
• Follow assigned work schedule and attend all required trainings and meetings.
Notify supervisor(s) of tardiness and absences as soon as possible prior to the shift, training, or meeting.
• Request for time off from set schedule should be submitted to supervisor(s) in a timely manner. Illness or emergency leave will be submitted upon return to work.
• Complete leave requests according to policy and do not abuse leave policy.
• Use work time productively.
• Salaried staff expected to work whatever time necessary to complete job duties; at times, weekends and nights may be required.
• Hourly staff must follow assigned work schedule and hours, unless variation approved by supervisor(s).
EFFICIENCY AND ORGANIZATION:
• Complete all paperwork in a timely, detailed, and accurate manner, ensuring adherence to deadlines.
• Ensure, if applicable, that staff supervised complete responsibilities as assigned.
• Prioritize and manage job responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
• Respond in a timely manner.
• Utilize resources as efficiently as possible.
• Maintain detailed documentation and data in an organized manner.
ADAPTABILITY AND FLEXABILITY:
• Handle stressful situations and change with an even temperament and flexibility.
• Demonstrate a sensitivity to, an understanding of, and a willingness to adapt to a variety of communication, learning, and working styles.
• Respond and adjust to changing ideas, responsibilities, expectations, strategies, and processes.
• Demonstrate strong communication, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Display an optimistic outlook when attempting to overcome challenges.
JOB SKILLS AND JUDGMENT:
• Apply sound judgment and make clear recommendations for solutions to problems.
• Act to ensure the health and safety of all SLI clients, staff, and visitors.
• Plan strategically and make decisions by utilizing all relevant data.
• Display empathy, demonstrate cultural competency, and recognize and celebrate diversity.
• Practice active listening, elicit information, and be open to suggestions and new ideas.
• Seek out reliable information with which to base decisions.
• Accept and provide constructive criticism in order to improve performance.
• Exercise discretion and independent judgment. Install and configure the organization’s servers and networks, performing setup, enhancement, and maintenance tasks.
• Ensure that employees’ work stations can successfully connect to networks and access business-critical data at all times.
• Configure network security settings and connect peripheral devices, like printers and scanners that are used by multiple users.
• Ensure that data is correctly stored and easily accessible.
• Adjust permissions as necessary and maintain data security and integrity during migrations, backups, and day-to-day use.
• Provide direct support to users across the organization.
• Set up hardware or software, diagnosing connectivity or data access problems, answering questions about hardware or software, and helping users access shared drives and devices.
• Assist in maintaining information security throughout the organization.
• Support the IT department and organization by troubleshooting systems and hardware, particularly after update or migration.
• Identify issues with new hardware or software and works with users to quickly resolve issues and prevent delays.
• Must be proficient with installation, configuration, security and maintenance of Microsoft Windows, Windows Server, Exchange Server, Microsoft Office software, and Office 365 products.
• Ability to use, install, and update required and/or requested productivity software as needed.
• Ability to install, analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain computers, cell phones, laptops, tablets, and peripheral hardware and software.
• Ability to install, analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain company network, to include firewalls, routers, switches, access points, NVRs, DVRs, cameras, access control systems, IP phones, and any other devices as required.
• Complete required orientation and training in a timely manner.
• Inform supervisor(s) of additional training goals and needs.
• Provide specialized training and mentoring to ensure continued staff growth and development within assigned department.
• Assist in user training for general and specific skills.
Salary ranges from $30,000-$50,000; $500 hiring bonus; health/dental/vision/AFLAC, life insurance, direct deposit, KPERS, annual wage increase, EAP, tenure bonuses and safety incentives. Apply online at www.slitopeka.org (under the employment tab).
Listing expires on Thursday July 15th, 2021