Job Title: Tower Civil Technician
Reports to: Field Construction Manager
Location: Kansas City
Hours: 40+ hours/week, 8:00AM – 5:00PM; seasonality of business will require overtime hours at times throughout the year.
Travel: 25% – 50% (includes overnight)
Direct Reports: No
CommLink/PG Technology provides comprehensive infrastructure solutions with unrivaled integrity, safety and accountability. We specialize in telecommunications infrastructure design, construction, and implementation, including tower construction, upgrades, and expansions, along with fiber and small cell. We ensure our crews are trained and certified to deliver on all aspects of telecommunications development and operational requirements to successfully deliver on customer expectations.
Doing the right things right, the first time, on time, every time by exhibiting the following behaviors:
• High Energy
Summary: The Small Cell Technician is responsible for the overall success and safety of installing, replacing, repair and maintenance of wireless telecommunication pole-mounted equipment. This includes Small Cell projects on private property and public rights-of-way.
This role is focused on providing our customers an exemplary level of service by exhibiting a high-level of professionalism while adhering to workplace health and safety requirements in all tasks. The Small Cell Tech is also responsible for understanding and maintaining processes and procedures that will drive profitability and enhance company margins.
We operate in the Midwest and Plains States and are headquartered in Kansas City, with operations in the Kansas City, Little Rock and St. Louis regions. Our operating footprint is approximately a 200-mile radius around those markets.
Essential Job Functions
• Basic use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
• Recognizing safety hazards and performing duties in a safe manner.
• Responsible for quality and safety of all work being performed on site.
• Responsible for insuring the prompt completion of all job duties in a safe manner while achieving high quality standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Proficiency in using hand tools and test equipment used in the electrical trade such as power supplies and multimeters.
• Ability to learn electrical installation, and wiring of disconnects, and installing antennas, radios, and other RF components, along with basic grounding installation for RF, and electrical components.
• Ability to learn Installing telecommunication cabinets.
• Strong oral and written communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills; ability to quickly build rapport with both customer and PG Technology business units.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Proven track record of taking initiative to accomplish tasks in creative ways with a sense of urgency and assertiveness, while successfully understanding and following direction.
• Experience leveraging technology to perform daily tasks, including strong familiarity with MS Office applications, web navigation & basic hardware.
• Take ownership of any challenges or opportunities and seeing them through to a successful outcome.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Possession of a valid driver license – Class A or B CDL license a plus.
• Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules.
• Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Ability to listen, process and take directions on wiring, tower construction, and more.
• Very competitive weekly pay
• Health & Life Insurance
• 401K plan with company match
• Paid time off and holiday pay
• Long-term career path with internal advancement opportunities
We are seeking qualified professionals who are interested in joining a well-respected and established company with 25+ years of service throughout the Midwest who are seeking a long-term career and the opportunity for professional advancement.
All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, both with external customers, vendors, visitors, co-workers, and management staff. Their written and verbal communication skills should be concise and effective, they should aspire to excellence in both work and customer service, they should show courtesy to all they encounter while representing the Company.
They are also expected to maintain an air of professionalism in their interpersonal relationships and personal grooming, exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business and customers, exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others, and openly and actively participates in the direction of our Company.
Compensation ranges from $16-$20/hour. To apply, email resume to email@example.com.
Listing expires on Saturday May 29th, 2021