The purpose of this position is to maintain and repair WaterOne vehicles and construction equipment, minimizing down time and helping to ensure that vehicles and equipment are safe to operate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Updates vehicle repair charts and preventive maintenance schedules.
• Greases cars, trucks and heavy equipment. Checks grease in transmission and differentials for all fleet equipment.
• Changes oil in cars, trucks, heavy equipment, portable pumping units and portable air compressors.
• Replaces and repairs windshield wipers, light bulbs and fuses.
• Adjusts front-ends, clutches and brakes.
• Repairs or replaces body hardware including, but not limited to, latches, locks and hinges, extinguishers, trailer hitches, trailer brakes, emergency lighting systems, winches, truck beds, tool boxes, safety shut-down units, and high-pressure safety valves.
• Performs tune-ups on engines – diesel and gas; repairs and services automatic and manual transmissions, tandem axles, drive trains, brake systems, heating and cooling systems, air conditioning units, hydraulic systems on construction equipment, mobile air compressors, lawn mowers, large mowing equipment, portable generators, and portable water pumps.
• Repairs electrical and electronic equipment, transmissions and brakes; repairs and replaces tires for cars, trucks and heavy equipment. Balances tires.
• Orders or requests authorization to order repair parts as needed.
• Maintains high safety standards in work environment and all job-related responsibilities. Must assist in housekeeping of shop.
• Maintain any assigned hand tools. Report defects or need for replacement to the Foreman-Fleet Mechanics.
• Keeps current on new types of equipment, computer systems, electronics and anti-lock brake systems used in the fleet.
• Comply with the Fleet department policies and procedures.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
Customer Service Commitment
WaterOne employees shall continuously strive to meet or exceed the expectations of both their internal and external customers. Questions and concerns shall be acknowledged on the same day whenever possible, but no later than the next business day. Issues shall be resolved as promptly as possible, with the goal of maximizing customer satisfaction.
Required Education, Skills & Experience
• Requires high school diploma or GED and enrollment in a state accredited diesel program.
• Must have basic computer skills, including experience with or the ability to learn Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have the ability to learn new software applications.
• Requires the ability to read and comprehend operating manuals, equipment and chemical labels, and other written materials.
• Must be able to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Requires constant attention to safe work practices and ability to maintain a safe work area.
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license and continuously meet WaterOne driving standards.
• Must be punctual and maintain fully satisfactory attendance.
• Must be able to learn how to operate all fleet components to be able to perform diagnosis and repair.
• Must pass post offer medical exam, including background verification and drug screen (may not apply to current employees).
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience
• At least one year of experience as a heavy equipment and diesel mechanic, including large trucks and construction equipment.
• Experience with diagnostic and analyzing equipment.
• Knowledge of computer systems, electronic and electrical systems, hydraulics and emission control equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally lift/or move up to 70 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee must be able to move occasionally from one location to another or be able to remain in a stationary position for up to several hours a day. The employee must be in possession of a licenses and be able to operate a vehicle at any given time. The employee must be able to occasionally position self to inspect, and view items or perform repair or installation work. The employee must be able to constantly use hand tools, mechanical equipment and other machinery. The employee must be in possession of a licenses and able to operate a vehicle and heavy equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Protective equipment, including but not limited to personal protective equipment for eyes, face, head and extremities, protective clothing, respiratory devices, and protective shields and barriers, may be required and shall be maintained in the sanitary and reliable condition wherever it is necessary by reason of hazards of process or environment, chemical hazards, or mechanical hazard encountered in a manner capable of causing injury or impairment in the function of any part of the body through absorption, inhalation or physical contact.
Compensation is $14.50/hour. To apply, go to https://careers-waterone.icims.com/jobs/search.
Listing expires on Monday February 15th, 2021