Enjoy a rewarding career providing public transit service to our community!
Topeka Metro is accepting applications for full-time Bus Operators to provide safe, professional, and courteous public transit service.
• Customer oriented with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and communicate effectively and courteously.
• Demonstrate a professional, pleasant, and helpful demeanor towards the public.
• Must be able to exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to memorize routes, transfer points, fare structures, and work with all bus technology.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and comply with safety and traffic rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Reliable and flexible with the ability to work various shifts M-F and every Saturday.
• Ability to obtain a KS CDL with air brake and passenger endorsements within two weeks of hire date.
• Steady work history with previous experience.
• Must maintain an excellent driving record.
• 21 years of age with a HS diploma/GED.
First two-weeks of training: $14.02/hr. After two-weeks of training: $17.53/hr. 6 months: $18.62/hr. 12 months: $19.72/hr. 18 months: $20.81/hr. 24 months: $21.91/hr.
Download an application & characteristic survey at WWW.TOPEKAMETRO.ORG and submit by mail, e-mail, or in person. Topeka Metro 201 N. Kansas Ave. Topeka, KS 66603 E-mail: email@example.com Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Drug Free Workplace and EOE.
Listing expires on Tuesday March 23rd, 2021