To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, knowledge, or skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned.
• Education Requirement(s): N/A
o Education Preferences: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred. Preference may be given to applicant with technical education and/or certifications related to the requirements of this job.
• Experience Requirement(s): Must have two years of experience in property and/or vehicle maintenance.
o Experience Preferences: Preference may be given to an applicant with fleet management experience.
• Supervisory Experience Requirement(s): N/A
o Supervisory Experience Preferences: Preference may be given to an applicant with supervisory and/or project management experience.
• Certification Requirement(s): N/A
o Certification Preferences: Preference may be given to an applicant with certifications and/or technical training pertinent to the job/
• Driver’s License Requirement(s): Valid Kansas driver’s license required.
• Insurance Requirement(s): Must qualify for company insurance coverage.
• Reading & Writing Ability Requirement(s): Must possess the ability to read and interpret documents, as well as to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Math Ability Requirement(s): Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure.
• Other Ability Requirement(s): Must be able to lift and move heavy objects from time to time.
• Computer Skills Requirement(s): A general understanding of how to use basic productivity software, including Microsoft Office, is required; proficiency is preferred.
• Specific Knowledge/Skills Required: Must have the ability to develop and implement fleet management plans and vehicle replacement plans. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
• Ability to pass all required screening processes is necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Be a positive role model for others, treat others with courtesy and respect, and demonstrate professionalism at all times.
• Possess the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Accomplish both personal and organizational goals by considering varying viewpoints and suggestions, and demonstrating the desire to explore opportunities that positively contribute to the quality of SLI services and business functions.
• Demonstrate the ability to coach and motivate clients and coworkers to achieve to the best of their ability.
• Demonstrate initiative and do not allow barriers to stand in the way of goal achievement.
• Identify potential issues, apply sound judgment, and make clear recommendations for solutions to problems.
• Handle stressful situations and changes with an even temperament and flexibility.
• Ensure adherence to licensing requirements, CARF standards, and all local, state, and federal laws.
• Recruit, interview, hire, evaluate, and when necessary, terminate personnel directly supervised.
• Must attend para-transit meetings.
• Must assist the Grant Writer with applications to the Kansas Department of Transportation.
• Must coordinate vehicle assignments amongst numerous locations.
• Seek economical and effective avenues for vehicle acquisitions.
• Understand and support the organization’s mission, philosophy, and code of ethics.
• Demonstrate support for each person’s needs, choices, and participation in the community.
• Respond in a timely, professional, and positive manner to all clients, families and guardians, coworkers, stakeholders, and oversight entities.
• Interact with persons served professionally and respectfully at all times and respond to their needs in a dignified and timely manner.
• Work closely with leadership team to determine vehicle needs per location and assign, coordinate, and plan accordingly.
• Must be highly responsive to vehicle maintenance issues, providing staff support during vehicle incidents, and following through on all vehicle repairs.
• Must be able to build rapport with location vehicle dealerships in order to obtain best vehicle pricing possible.
• Report necessary information to supervisor(s) in a timely manner. Use all forms of communication, such as written, e-mail, incident reports and personal contact.
• Understand instruction from supervisor(s) and carry out instruction with minimal supervision. Contact supervisor(s) when clarification is needed.
• Communicate with all departments, as needed, to ensure the needs of the clients, the staff, and the organization are being met.
• Provide clear, concise, and detailed communication, both verbally and in written reports, documentation, and correspondence.
• Hold regular staff meetings for the department to ensure continuous and accurate flow of information.
• Clearly and accurately communicate vehicle issues to those assigned to use such vehicle. Coordinate alternate vehicle use when particular vehicle(s) are out of commission.
• Respond promptly to all communication and requests.
TEAMWORK AND COOPERATION:
• Display a team-oriented approach through collaborative group effort, in order to achieve a common goal.
• Function as an active team member of SLI to provide a high quality of service and support. Share relevant and necessary information with team members/coworkers.
• Resolve any disputes that may occur objectively, expediently, professionally, and with integrity
• Work in cooperation with others, participating equally in shared responsibilities and tasks.
• Demonstrate flexibility, a willingness to collaborate, and an individual commitment to a common group goal.
• Participate in scheduled team meetings.
• Assist in the development of processes and systems that facilitate the highest level of work efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
• Must be able to act as maintenance specialist for SLI properties as needed and assigned.
POLICY AND PROCEDURE:
• Refer to and follow all SLI policies and procedures.
• Report all violations of policies and/or procedures in a timely manner.
• Adhere to the organization’s code of ethics, as well as illness, incident, and accident reporting procedures.
• Adhere to confidentiality and privacy practices
• Provide services in accordance with SLI corporate policy and procedure and within standards for licensing and accreditation.
• Follow SLI’s dress code and represent the organization in a professional manner at all times.
• Be a positive role model and represent a solid public image for constituents and the organization by exhibiting appropriate behavior, dress, and hygiene.
• Participate in community and civic organizations as assigned.
• Immediately report all press inquiries to the Vice President of Development or the CEO.
• Follow assigned work schedule and attend all required trainings and meetings.
Notify supervisor(s) of tardiness and absences as soon as possible prior to the shift, training, or meeting.
• Request for time off from set schedule should be submitted to supervisor(s) in a timely manner. Illness or emergency leave will be submitted upon return to work.
• Complete leave requests according to policy and do not abuse leave policy.
• Use work time productively.
• Salaried staff expected to work whatever time necessary to complete job duties; at times, weekends and nights may be required.
• Hourly staff must follow assigned work schedule and hours, unless variation approved by supervisor(s).
EFFICIENCY AND ORGANIZATION:
• Complete all paperwork in a timely, detailed, and accurate manner, ensuring adherence to deadlines.
• Ensure, if applicable, that staff supervised complete responsibilities as assigned.
• Prioritize and manage job responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
• Respond in a timely manner.
• Utilize resources as efficiently as possible.
• Maintain detailed documentation and data in an organized manner.
• Ensure vehicle maintenance and inspections are done in accordance with schedule and are in safe operating condition at all times.
• Provide written quarterly report on the status of all vehicle inspections, accidents, repairs, mileage, and any other important details needed to determine replacement plan for vehicles and efficiency of vehicle operations.
ADAPTABILITY AND FLEXABILITY:
• Handle stressful situations and change with an even temperament and flexibility.
• Demonstrate a sensitivity to, an understanding of, and a willingness to adapt to a variety of communication, learning, and working styles.
• Respond and adjust to changing ideas, responsibilities, expectations, strategies, and processes.
• Demonstrate strong communication, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Display an optimistic outlook when attempting to overcome challenges.
JOB SKILLS AND JUDGMENT:
• Apply sound judgment and make clear recommendations for solutions to problems.
• Act to ensure the health and safety of all SLI clients, staff, and visitors.
• Plan strategically and make decisions by utilizing all relevant data.
• Display empathy, demonstrate cultural competency, and recognize and celebrate diversity.
• Practice active listening, elicit information, and be open to suggestions and new ideas.
• Seek out reliable information with which to base decisions.
• Accept and provide constructive criticism in order to improve performance.
• Exercise discretion and independent judgment.
• Effectively and efficiently develop vehicle replacement plan annually based on age, mileage, ongoing maintenance issues, and organizations’ needs.
• Ensure that all vehicle tags are current and replaced as needed.
• Ensure that all vehicles are in clean, working condition.
• Ensure that all emergency information and equipment is secured within each vehicle according to SLI policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all licensing requirements and CARF standards are met relative to transportation safety.
• Complete required orientation and training in a timely manner.
• Inform supervisor(s) of additional training goals and needs.
• Provide specialized training and mentoring to ensure continued staff growth and development within assigned department.
Compensation ranges from $13.46-$19.23/hour; $500 hiring bonus; health/dental/vision/AFLAC, direct deposit, life insurance, KPERS, EAP, annual wage increase, tenure bonuses, safety incentives. Apply online at www.slitopeka.org (under the employment tab).
Listing expires on Thursday July 15th, 2021