Adams Land and Cattle has an opportunity for a highly motivated and disciplined individual with a high aptitude in mechanics. At times, this individual may be required to assist with other projects in the Maintenance department.
This person will be responsible for:
– Working safely in shop and feedlot environments, following all company safety guidelines.
– Working with Machine Services/Lot Maintenance teams on a diverse range of projects, from build, to repair, rebuild and retrofit of production assets, including feedlot facilities (processing, feed mill, fencing, water and sprinkler systems) and equipment (feed and straight trucks, heavy equipment, tractors).
– Performing skilled work in welding, cutting, shaping and machining accurately and precisely, using welding and machining equipment.
– Assembling, fabricating/machining and repairing parts to specifications including taking mechanical fits, welding parts and machining parts.
– Set-up, adjustment and operation of the following welding equipment: arc and MIG welding.
– Set-up, adjustment and operation of the following machining equipment: mills and lathes.
– Using project plans, blue prints, job specifications and design sketches to ensure proper dimensions and tolerance levels of finished product.
– Inspecting and testing final product for conformance to quality standards and/or blueprint specifications.
– Performing related material handling duties.
– Coordinating ordering of required welding materials, such as rods, gas and metals.
– Maintaining accurate parts use and/or other records.
– Cleaning and maintaining the shop work area.
– Cleaning and performing preventative maintenance (PM) and general repairs on utilized welding/machining equipment.
– Communicating with engineering, supervisory, production services and feedlot personnel to effectively exchange technical information.
– Responding to emergency or high priority work which may, on occasion, be outside of normal working hours.
– Recognizing that weather conditions may require change in activities and that cattle comfort is first and foremost regarding this activity.
– Evaluating current processes/procedures to recommend changes/modifications for improvements.
Ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
– Commitment to safety and quality culture.
– Welding certificate or a minimum of two years welding experience with arc and MIG welders required.
– Machining certificate or a minimum of two years machining experience such as lathe, milling machine, drill press, band saw and any machinist related hand tools required.
– Electrical, hydraulic and water system experience preferred.
– Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, welding symbols and geometric tolerance/dimensioning.
– Experience with precision measurement and calibration, including measuring fits of mating parts.
– Basic mathematical skills.
– High attention to detail.
– Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
– Ability to work with others to gather and share information and creatively solve challenging problems.
– Excellent verbal communication.
– Vocational/technical diploma/certificate preferred but may substitute diploma/certificate with applicable experience.
To apply, visit our website at adamslandandcattle.com/careers.