The City of Topeka Water Division is seeking applicants for entry-level general labor with the City’s water distribution system. Duties include general maintenance, repair and replacement of water mains and pipelines. Work entails significant physical labor and working in inclement weather conditions.
Minimum qualifications: Graduation from high school or GED equivalent. Experience in the construction, maintenance and repair of water treatment plants and facilities or an equivalent combination of training and experience is preferred.
Must possess and maintain a valid Kansas Class C Driver’s License and city insurable driving record. Please review the Insurability Guidelines. Class A CDL required within six months of hire date.
$16.73 per hour.
The City of Topeka offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Health/Dental Insurance
• Kansas Public Employee Retirement System
• .Generous paid vacation leave and separate paid sick leave,
• Paid Life/Long Term Disability Insurance
• (457) Deferred Compensation Savings Plan
• Short-Term Disability Insurance
• Free Onsite Health & Wellness Clinic
• Free in-house Wellness Center, a full service fitness facility
• Free Parking
• Employee Assistance Program
A full position description and the employment application are online at www.topeka.org/careers.
The City of Topeka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Listing expires on Thursday October 29th, 2020