TARC Industries/Employment Services is currently seeking a Production and Document Destruction Driver. This position will work in conjunction with the TARC Industries production team. This position has the following responsibilities and benefits:
• Provide pick up of document destruction materials at various local businesses and delivery and pick up of production materials.
• Complete loading and unloading of production trailers and the assembly of required shipping tickets.
• Provide excellent customer service to contractors/customers.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Experience driving large delivery trucks required.
• Must be able to pass physical as this position requires the ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted, push/pull materials, loading of trucks and barrels of paper.
• Must be able to use pallet moving equipment and maneuver (back) vehicles in difficult and tightly congested areas.
• 90% of driving responsibilities are in box trucks/10% in semi-tractor.
• Must enjoy a busy work environment, working with people and following a detailed work schedule.
• Day time hours only, NO weekends, competitive wage, paid holidays, vacations and KPERS Retirement program.
• Employee must pass background screening pre-employment and random drug screening, DOT certification program and hold a valid Kansas CDL (Class A) license with a satisfactory motor vehicle record.
Compensation is $15.07/hour. To apply, go to www.tarcinc.org and submit a resume and application.
Listing expires on Saturday December 19th, 2020
JB Pearl Sales & Service, Inc., an agricultural sales and service company, has full time opportunities in our Perry, Kansas location. We are looking for a multi-faceted individual Technician / Equipment Operator / CDL Driver (local only).
Primary duties include:
Delivery of goods and services to an agricultural customer base using a company delivery truck. Position could graduate into operation of agricultural custom application equipment. Candidate will be required to drive a forklift and assist with other warehouse duties, including mechanics, and maintenance. This position also stocks and retrieves packages and bulk containers. Positive attitude and desire to build positive relationships with co-workers and customers is necessary. (Other duties may be assigned).
Required minimum qualifications:
High school diploma, GED, or Tech certification.
CDL (will train) or ability to obtain within 60 days
Able to lift/carry up to 75lbs
Must pass pre-employment drug screen
Must meet DOT and Company requirements
Able to read, write, and communicate in English
Ability and desire to work overtime hours during busy seasons
Positive attitude and outlook
Class-A CDL with Combo, Air Brakes, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements
Forklift driver and driving certification
Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations and equipment
Listing expires on Friday November 27th, 2020
– Operate Horizontal Directional Drill
– May drive equipment to job site
– Drill out following the predetermined drill path to the exit pit
– Communicate with team to confirm the location of the drill head
– Conduct post-job quality checks
– Clean, check fluid levels and conduct a visual inspection of vehicle/equipment to assure your vehicle/equipment is performing at optimum safety, perform the required pre-trip, post trip inspections and the required paperwork, perform needed maintenance including winterizing equipment.
– Communicates with Supervisor daily to turn in required paperwork (i.e. Dailies, labor hours, bore logs, vehicle maintenance reports, etc.)
– Follows specifications for the job and company policies
– Complies with safety procedures while driving and at job site
– Strives for optimal production while working safely and performing quality work.
– At end of work day, truck and equipment should be returned to shop and secured. Vehicles and equipment to be kept clean and well maintained.
-1 to 3 years Horizontal Directional Drilling experience is preferred.
– Strong knowledge of underground utilities.
– Knowledge of underground potholing is a plus.
– Working knowledge of DOT regulations (Vehicle and Operator Qualifications).
– Understanding of client and company work specifications.
– Ability to comply with the “Operator’s Manual” for your particular equipment.
– Self-motivated, safety, quality and production minded.
– Ability to read and comprehend and follow all quality/safety policies and procedures.
– Requires a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Hourly pay with overtime opportunities available. Pay is based on experience. Pay starts at $20/hour. Our employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, including personal paid time off, health care coverage, 401k, employee referral program and competitive compensation. Certain benefits are only available after specified length of employment.
To formally apply, you must visit our website and apply online at www.kwunderground.com or can also download an application on our website and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listing expires on Sunday November 15th, 2020
The Vac Tron Equipment Operator is responsible for the successful completion of positive verification of underground utilities.
– Operates Vac Tron and equipment in a safe and professional manner.
– Competently drives Vac Tron to and from job sites.
– Excavates with combination of pressure washer wand and suction line to verify utility locations for underground crews.
– Follows specifications for the job and company policies.
– Ensures all equipment and components are in good working condition at all time.
– Properly maintain Vac Tron equipment.
– Use proper PPE at all times and follows all Vac Tron procedures.
– Requires a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Hourly pay starts at $18/hour with overtime opportunities available. Pay is based on experience. Our employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, including personal paid time off, health care coverage, 401k, employee referral program and competitive compensation. Certain benefits only begin after a specified length of employment.
To formally apply, you can visit our website and apply online at www.kwunderground.com, download an application from the website and email it to email@example.com, or stop by our office to apply at 15608 S. Keeler Terrace, Olathe, Kan. 66062.
Listing expires on Sunday November 15th, 2020
Enjoy a rewarding career providing public transit service to our community!
Topeka Metro is accepting applications for full-time Bus Operators to provide safe, professional, and courteous public transit service.
• Customer oriented with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and communicate effectively and courteously.
• Demonstrate a professional, pleasant, and helpful demeanor towards the public.
• Must be able to exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to memorize routes, transfer points, fare structures, and work with all bus technology.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and comply with safety and traffic rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Reliable and flexible with the ability to work various shifts Monday-Friday and every Saturday.
• Ability to obtain a KS Class B CDL with air brake and passenger endorsements within two weeks of hire date.
• Steady work history with previous experience.
• Must maintain an excellent driving record.
• 21 years of age with a HS diploma/GED.
Applicants must satisfactorily pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen, post offer functional employment test, and DOT medical exam.
Download an application & characteristic survey at WWW.TOPEKAMETRO.ORG
and submit by mail, e-mail, or in person.
201 N. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Drug Free Workplace and EOE.
First two-weeks of training: $14.02/hr.
After two-weeks of classroom training: $17.53/hr.
After 6 months: $18.62/hr.
After 12 months: $19.72/hr.
After 18 months: $20.81/hr.
After 24 months: $21.91/hr.
Download an application & characteristic survey at WWW.TOPEKAMETRO.ORG and submit by mail, e-mail, or in person. Topeka Metro 201 N. Kansas Ave. Topeka, KS 66603 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listing expires on Sunday November 1st, 2020
The City of Topeka Water Division is seeking applicants for entry-level general labor with the City’s water distribution system. Duties include general maintenance, repair and replacement of water mains and pipelines. Work entails significant physical labor and working in inclement weather conditions.
Minimum qualifications: Graduation from high school or GED equivalent. Experience in the construction, maintenance and repair of water treatment plants and facilities or an equivalent combination of training and experience is preferred.
Must possess and maintain a valid Kansas Class C Driver’s License and city insurable driving record. Please review the Insurability Guidelines. Class A CDL required within six months of hire date.
$16.73 per hour.
The City of Topeka offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Health/Dental Insurance
• Kansas Public Employee Retirement System
• .Generous paid vacation leave and separate paid sick leave,
• Paid Life/Long Term Disability Insurance
• (457) Deferred Compensation Savings Plan
• Short-Term Disability Insurance
• Free Onsite Health & Wellness Clinic
• Free in-house Wellness Center, a full service fitness facility
• Free Parking
• Employee Assistance Program
A full position description and the employment application are online at www.topeka.org/careers.
The City of Topeka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Listing expires on Thursday October 29th, 2020
Maintenance Worker Trainee – Public Works/Street
This position performs a variety of manual labor for the maintenance of street surfaces, curbs and gutters, and snow and ice control, including pick and shovel work, asphalt patching, crack sealing, placing concrete, spreading rock, transporting construction material, and operating snow and ice removal equipment. This is steady, year-round employment. Must be available for after-hour work for snow/ice and other emergency work.
Requires high school diploma or equivalent. Must possess and maintain a valid Class C Kansas drivers’ license and city insurable driving record. Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL) is required by conclusion of six months initial hire probationary period, training and assistance obtaining the CDL is included in the probationary period. Must possess and maintain a valid Class C Kansas drivers’ license and city insurable driving record, Class A CDL required by conclusion of six months initial hire probationary period.
Compensation begins at $15.15/hour with advancement to $15.65/hour at six months after successfully completing the initial new hire probationary period. For more information and to apply go to https://www.topeka.org/hr/current-openings/.
Listing expires on Sunday October 25th, 2020