This person will be responsible for:
– Conducting quality repairs on all ALCC agriculture equipment, resulting in maximum functionality, reliability and longevity. Equipment types include, but are not limited to: feed and other trucks, heavy and construction equipment, tractors, loaders, skid steers, fork lifts, ATVs, mowers, vehicles, motors and generators.
– Troubleshooting reported problems on equipment and vehicles, diagnosing breakdowns, repairing, and resolving issues in a timely manner.
– Inspecting equipment, vehicles, engines, transmissions, mechanical and electrical components, as well as computer and electronic systems and running diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues.
– Reporting status of repairs/assigned tasks at departmental shift start-up meetings.
– Supporting a culture of proactive repairs versus reactive.
– Supporting the preventative maintenance program by educating equipment operators on proper daily maintenance.
– Maintaining shop equipment, shop and parts crib work areas, parts crib inventory and shop tools in satisfactory condition.
– Identifying continuous improvement opportunities in work area.
– Collaborating with external contract resources to accomplish repairs that are outsourced. Building and maintaining strong external business relationships.
– Collaborating with internal resources, as appropriate. Building and maintaining strong internal business relationships.
– Completing other duties, as assigned.
Ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
– Proven experience as a mechanic.
– Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and electrical components of equipment and vehicles.
– Aptitude in using various hand tools, precision measurement tools, and shop equipment.
– Ability to follow established procedures, read instructions, blueprints, auto cad drawings, etc.
– Working knowledge of diagnostic methods and systems.
– Very good problem-solving ability.
– Possess great attention to detail.
– Excellent communication and customer service skills.
– Ability to manage multiple projects/work efforts.
– Minimum of one (1) year of experience.
– Certification from a vocational school or completion of an apprenticeship is preferred.
Competitive wage, bonus opportunities, full benefits package that starts on day 1 . Apply online at https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs?clientkey=0E27E0D6F5C048D7D0B27B6CF0BA51A2.