The Marketing Assistant supports the marketing functions of the Bank by promoting the company’s brand, products, and services. Assists in the development of a cohesive marketing program, including print, online, direct mail, and other strategies. The successful candidate must be task oriented, possess high standards of quality and accuracy, and have experience in applying design techniques, tools, and principals.
40% Participates in external and internal customer communications which can include writing, editing, implementation and administration of messages through multiple channels and audiences, including; newsletters, brochures, sales flyers, letters, online posts, etc.
20% Assists with intranet (“C-net”) administration; adds new users, makes employee profile changes, answers questions, trains new content managers, develops and maintains new forms, and reviews content for accuracy.
10% Helps maintain and monitors consistency and compliance throughout all marketing elements. Including ordering and quality control of printed materials.
10% Monitors external website content and links. Performs maintenance as needed.
10% Acts as backup for the bank’s Customer Relationship Management software; creates lists and provides reports as requested.
10% Acts as bank historian by taking pictures at events and serves as a positive representative of CoreFirst at company and community events. Helps prepare for public events such as tradeshows.
• Brainstorms creative ideas to enhance marketing efforts.
• Assists in analyzing data obtained from customer service surveys.
• Participates in planning of customer onboarding processes and mailings.
• Takes requests from and assists various departments with tasks including, but not limited to, crafting letters, communication pieces, and fillable Adobe forms.
• Assists with social media posting and responding.
• Works with vendors to troubleshoot issues.
• Orders corporate apparel and promotional items as needed.
• One year or more of marketing experience preferred; Office-related experience required
• Adobe Photoshop experience strongly preferred; Live Cycle experience helpful
• Experience with print and online writing, graphic design, social media, and website coordination preferred.
• Experience in web development, web design, or multimedia design helpful.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Associates Degree in relevant field strongly preferred; Relevant job experience
may be substituted for degree
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For complete job details and to apply, go to www.corefirstbank.com/careers.
Listing expires on Friday October 15th, 2021