Topeka Metro is accepting applications for a full-time Maintenance Technician IV to perform entry-level inspections and routine maintenance as required on bus fleet vehicles and provide building and ground maintenance for all Topeka Metro properties.
Topeka Metro offers an excellent benefit package including free employee health insurance, paid sick/vacation/holidays, and KPERS retirement.
• Knowledge and ability to perform service work including, but not limited to fueling, checking/replenishing fluid levels, tire pressures, chassis, and body.
• Ability to perform facility and grounds maintenance including but not limited to mowing, snow removal, minor facility repairs and painting.
• Ability to operate all equipment necessary for the completion of assigned duties.
• Possess and maintain an inventory of hand tools necessary for the position.
• Ability to obtain a Class B CDL with air brake and passenger endorsements. Paid training is provided.
• Steady work history with mechanical experience.
• HS diploma/GED.
The shift for this position is Tuesday-Friday 12:15 p.m. – 7:15 p.m. and Saturday 6:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. with pay of $20.58/hour.
Applicants must satisfactorily pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen, post offer functional employment test, and DOT medical exam.
Download an application & characteristic survey at www.topekametro.org under the Careers tab & submit by mail, e-mail, fax, or in person. Applications can be picked up or dropped off at either location: Topeka Metro Admin. Office 201 N. Kansas Ave. Topeka, KS 66603 Quincy Street Station 820 S.E. Quincy St. Topeka, KS 66612 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org FAX: (785) 233-3063 Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Drug Free Workplace and EOE.
Listing expires on Tuesday November 1st, 2022