The Machinist – CNC sets up and operates computer numeric control (CNC) machines to fabricate metallic and non-metallic parts.
• Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece.
• Measures, marks and scribe dimensions and reference points on material on workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
• Select, align, and secure fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, and surface grinder.
• Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth, angle of cut or enters commands to retrieve input or edit computerized machine control media.
• Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
• Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications using precision measuring tools.
• Ability to read machine dial gauges and precision measuring instruments.
A high school diploma or GED is required
Previous CNC experience. Break Press experience a plus
Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems is preferred
Basic knowledge of NC controls, CAD CAM software, Microsoft Windows
Hourly pay: $20.70-$21.70 day shift; Comprehensive benefits package after 30 calendar days of employment: Medical – company pays 75% of premiums, Dental – no carrier cap Vision – company paid & includes dependents, Basic life insurance and short and long-term disability – company paid, Aflac products, Flexible Spending Account – medical and/or dependent care 401(k) and Roth Savings Plans with up to 4.5% Company match and vested on first contribution, Student loan repayment program including trade school and community college loans, One weeks paid vacation after 30 days and a second weeks paid vacation after one year service, Six days paid sick leave annually 12 paid company holidays, eligible upon hire $300 wellness reimbursement, including home equipment and fitness plan subscriptions plus annual safety shoe reimbursement
Go to: www.AdeccoUSA.com; select Topeka and apply for the Machinist position and submit your resume.