Under general supervision, this position is responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of facility buildings and grounds. This position will utilize cleaning chemicals and equipment as required. Performs other duties as assigned. This position is supervised by the Director of Facilities Management.
65% Area Management. Responsible for the inspection, maintenance, and cleaning of an assigned area within the facility. Ensures and provides a wide variety of cleaning responsibilities within assigned area such as: trash removal, vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, cleaning windows, disinfecting bathroom facilities, polishing woodwork and stainless steel products. Report any maintenance items, burnt out lights or clogged drains/toilets to maintenance staff.
15% Floor Maintenance. Responsible for the inspection and maintenance of facility floors within assigned area. Inspects floors routinely to identify potential problems and ensures proper maintenance is implemented such as: stain removal, shampooing, stripping, waxing and buffing floors to a high gloss shine.
10% Outdoor Maintenance. Picks up trash outside of the building. Assists in snow removal by maintaining front steps, walks and entrances.
5% Caustics, Toxics, and Supplies. Responsible for the inspection, inventory and delivery of chemicals and supplies to perform the necessary duties within assigned area. Frequently inventories department caustic and toxic stock levels and delivers necessary chemicals, hygiene supplies, soap and other requested supplies to the assigned areas as required. Participates in the routine ordering and purchasing of supplies and chemicals.
5% Equipment Utilization. Responsible for operating a wide variety of cleaning equipment such as: mops, vacuum cleaner, broom, buffers, carpet extractor, floor washing machines, shampoo and stain removal machines as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
• Janitorial equipment, supplies, and practices.
• Resilient floors and carpet care maintenance practices.
• Knowledge of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions.
• Knowledge of safety hazards and proper use of various powered cleaning machines.
• Understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Perform manual labor.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using the English language.
• Use and understand Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for various cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.
• High School diploma or GED certificate
• Must be 18 years of age
• Two (2) years’ experience in custodial work, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Valid Driver’s License and eligible to operate a County-owned vehicle (HR-2013-2)
• Driving record that shows: No misdemeanor or felony convictions for traffic/vehicular offenses (DUI, vehicular homicide, reckless driving, hit and run, etc.) that are less than five (5) years old; No more than two (2) at fault or chargeable accidents that are less than five (5) years old; No more than two (2) traffic infractions (speeding, failure to yield right of way, etc.) that are less than one (1) year old.
• Required to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
• Required to lift fifty (50) pounds.
This Position Description is not designed to list all tasks and responsibilities of this position. Shawnee County reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need may arise. This Position Description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Hourly – Full-time – $11.70/hr. Permanent position. Benefits offered include: Medical, Dental, and Prescription Insurance Vision Insurance Cancer Insurance Disability Insurance Hospitalization Insurance KPERS Retirement Plan KPERS 457 Deferred Compensation Plan Paid Sick Leave Paid Vacation Leave Medical or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account Company Paid Life Insurance Optional Group Life Insurance 11 Paid Holidays Gym Discount Employee Assistant Program
Apply online at www.snco.us/oasys.
Listing expires on Monday November 8th, 2021