The contract CAD Technician provides document management support for Substation Engineering. Under the guidance of the Document Manager, the contract CAD Technician assists the Engineering Analysts by revising existing drawings from as-built field corrections and, after training, by updating Issued for Construction (IFC) drawing packages. Documents include internal Evergy drawings, external vendor drawings and supporting documents. After additional training, the position will assist the Engineering Tech to liaison between engineering and field personnel who construct or maintain company facilities and to:
·Create and publish new Issued for Construction drawing packages.
·Gather technical information and up-to-date drawings for projects.
·Create new 3D material coded parts for electrical substation models.
·Use the Autodesk Vault 3D parts library to create 3D substation models.
·Generate drawings based on one-line and substation standards drawings.
Contract CAD Technician work is performed in an office. Travel is not required, however, optional field visits are available as a training opportunity
• Questioning Attitude
• Attention to Detail
• Must be able to perform all essential functions as identified by the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Experience/Education
• High School or equivalent
• 2 year college degree Associate of Science Drafting
• Proficient in Microsoft Visio.
• Must be qualified in electronic drafting as evidenced by satisfactorily completing work.
9 months with chance to convert to Full-time Employee or be extended.
2 in Topeka
Compensation ranges from $30-$34/hour. Please send resume to Jessica Guerrero at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
2 in Kansas City