Made for Manhattan will be actively promoting local job opportunities on behalf of area employers. Discover the opportunities, people, places and activities that make The Little Apple the perfect fit for you.
“The main purpose of this field-based position is to sell TAGIMTM, a patented smart ear-tag system for real-time monitoring of cattle health, direct to feedlot operators.
Medisim Ltd. developed TAGIMTM as the first affordable Precision Livestock Farming (PLF) remote preclinical disease detection tool, to automatically alert feedlot operators of livestock in suspected ill health, for earlier and more effective interventions.
Medisim Ltd. was established in 1995 and engaged in developing and manufacturing patented and innovative diagnostic medical devices. The Company is headquartered in Israel and supported by ~50 employees.
The role requires developing and maintaining mutually beneficial and productive long-term partnerships with customers, and to ensure projects are implemented with the appropriate quality, cost and timeliness.
Overall success in this role is measured by achieving sales targets.
In order to achieve our expansion goals, we need to establish a presence in the United States, and fill this first role with a key team player who has a great personality and connections in the feedlot industry, who is passionate about the benefits of our technology, and cares about their future earning potential.
· Develop, win and maintain feedlot ranch accounts, in collaboration with veterinarians, supporting influencers, and other strategic partners.
· Proactively identify strategic partnership opportunities and capitalize on them.
· Prepare and deliver relevant marketing messages, product information and programs.
· Assist with establishment and deliver customer training programs, and resources.
· Participate at conferences and exhibitions, represent solution to potential customers, gather information about competing companies / partnerships and identify potential collaborations.
· Deliver activity, consistent with KPIs agreed with management, to achieve the required coverage and frequency with identified target customers, ensuring clear and timely follow-up plan is in place and actioned.
· Establish network of accredited suppliers.
· Project planning, including coordination with suppliers for installation of the system’s communication network at customers’ feedlots.
· Oversee logistics supply chain.
· Monitor and ensure adherence to Quality Assurance Standards and customer satisfaction performance metrics.
Planning & Reporting
· Develop and maintain high level of knowledge of the evolving product functionality, services, pricing, competition, market and industry trends.
· Maintain accurate business records, accurately recording activity in the CRM system, in line with company guidance.
· Prepare management reports, consistent with management direction.
· Assist in the update to the Company’s business plan, SWOT and Strategic Analysis.
· Review business development process efficiency.
· Maintain high standards of business conduct and compliance, adhering particularly to management direction, company’s values, policies and local codes of practice and law
· This position reports to VP Business Development
· The position also requires the ability to work with internal colleagues effectively as a team
RELEVANT EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· The successful candidate may have a background as:
ü Feedlot manager
ü Beef consultant – economics/farm management systems/extension beef cattle specialist.
ü Livestock veterinarian.
ü Field sales representative – capital equipment, management software, etc.
· A degree in Animal Sciences would be highly regarded.
· Beef production and beef business acumen understanding is a plus.
· Feedlot industry relationships would be highly advantageous.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTE REQUIREMENTS
· Integrity – open and honest
· Comfortable and thrive in establishing a new entity; playing a key role in creating organizational processes and a winning company culture.
· Passionate about animal welfare, judicious use of antibiotics, and farm economic sustainability, to deliver a WOW impression of the benefits of our solution.
· Determination to meet commitments and exceed customer expectations.
· Enjoy cultivating interpersonal relationships, working together as a team, reaching our common goals.
· Entrepreneurial and creative.
· Curious – pursuer of growth and learning.
· Ability to work independently.
· Drive and resilience, demonstrated with a persistent, never give up attitude, striving for excellence.
· Friendly and likable, confident and authoritative personality, yet humble spirited – builds successful and effective relationships.
· Exceptional sales ability and strong influencing skills.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
· IT orientation / tech savvy.
· A strong focus on planning, and a balance of tactical planning with day-to-day operational requirements.
· Top notch business proposal editing skills.
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
· The position will require a valid driver’s license.
· Willingness to drive to customer locations across defined geography and spend time away from home as required.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume and salary expectation to: