Position Summary: This position works under the direction of the Accountant III, as assigned to the Business Management Office of the Lansing Correctional Facility. Position is responsible for the oversight and completion of duties associated with appropriated and non-appropriated sections of the accounting department.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
• Reviews incoming requisitions for completeness and assigns accounting codes per state accounting system requirements. Assigns purchase order numbers and forwards documents for approval
• Audits requisitions, invoices, receiving reports, and other documents, for completed orders, to insure correctness and completeness, and submits for payment
• Initiates change order requests as required to update purchase order status
• Maintains files of paid items to include vouchers and supporting documentation
• Submits reimbursement requests for gratuity, incentive pay, supplemental pay and property claims
• Reviews month-end items through use of accounts payable reports to insure accuracy and completeness of outstanding items
• Receipts and categorizes incoming funds designated for the General Fees Fund. Prepares bank deposit and remits funds to local financial institution
• Posts entries to the General Fees ledger and reconciles with the bank statement monthly in order to determine the amount of monies to be transferred to the State Treasurer
• Prepares and submits receipt vouchers and corresponding checks for the amount of income and special receipts and forwards to the State Treasurer
• Submits Petty Cash fund at least monthly for replenishment of fund and prepares corresponding reports as fund custodian
Annual salary range is $36,171.20 to $50,918.40. Please apply online at https://www.jobs.ks.gov.
Listing expires on Sunday September 19th, 2021