Jakobe Furniture is seeking qualified candidates for our Upholstery Department
Jakobe Furniture is currently seeking individuals to work in our upholstery department as Machine Operators and Fabricators.
• Study work orders to determine the amount and type of materials required to cover work pieces.
• Follow sketches, patterns or blueprints to achieve the look and construction required by our customers.
• Measure and cut materials using manual or automated cutting instruments.
• Communicate with design engineers and sales prior to upholstering to determine correct color, style, and fabric preference.
• Examine furniture frames, springs, and webbings to identify defects.
• Build and/or repair upholstered furniture using a variety of hand and power tools.
• Ensure projects are completed on budget and delivered before set deadline.
• Cover wooden frame with soft materials such as cotton, felt pad, fiber or foam to improve texture and appearance.
• Work with tools and materials such as glue, staples, saw, cement, tacks and nail guns.
• Secure work pieces and materials onto production equipment.
• Conduct routine maintenance on work tools and upholstery machine.
• Finish upholstered furniture by attaching ornament trims, buttons, buckles, and grommets.
• Operate sewing machine to sew upholstery and join various sections of covering fabric.
• Communication skills: ability to communicate with engineers.
• Dexterity: ability to manually strip and re-cover furniture with little to no implements.
• Creative: well versed in repairing and finishing furniture to improve appearance.
• High School Diploma or equivalent education level as a minimum requirement.
• Training from a vocational school in upholstery courses desired, but not mandatory.
• Apprenticeship as an upholsterer for 3-4 years to gain work knowledge and experience.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and hold a valid driver’s license. Jakobe Furniture is an equal opportunity employer.