Our Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Company is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of the company that offers a variety of innovative services, including, temporary and permanent design services for current projects and new pursuits in the United States and Canada.
The projects we design, engineer and construct will be our legacy – come be a part of something bigger with your career and build your legacy with our team! KIE has an immediate opening for a dynamic entry to mid-level CAD designer in our growing Water Resources / Drainage Group based in Englewood, CO. Looking for the ideal candidate to perform a variety of design and CADD production tasks related for drainage / civil projects and miscellaneous support for construction. The CAD Designer should have at least 1 years’ experience in engineering plan production, be familiar with current technical tools/programs/software, and CADD production practices.
The candidate will be part of a design team responsible for completing engineering assignments in support of heavy civil construction for Kiewit Construction Companies’ business including drainage design, preparation of design plans, reports and technical memoranda. Key responsibilities include the following:
• In office work primarily
• Work with engineering team in developing preliminary and final design plans and details.
• Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations
• Use Bentley Micro Station / AutoCAD, and 3D modeling software
• Produce documents with MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Follow various DOT Standards and work with companies CAD Standards when applicable
The successful candidate must possess the following:
• Associate Degree preferred
• 0-4 years’ experience in CAD production of drainage and civil designs
• Design experience or Design-Build project experience a plus
• General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for drainage / civil work
• Read and understand construction documents
• Proficiency in Micro Station
• Knowledge in AutoCAD a plus
• Knowledge in Geopak a plus
• Drainage design experience a plus
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
• Basic knowledge of 3D modeling a plus
• The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate well with Engineers and Designers
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize