• Reports project progression updates and/or issues to Lead Electrical Designers required.
• Utilize applicable engineering national and local codes.
• Develops 3D models utilizing drawings, sketches, and design skills. Checks and navigates in the 3D models for interferences and constructability.
• Creates plan drawings and details for electrical deliverables.
• Develops sketches to accompany other concept documentation.
• Develop schematics and one-line drawings from engineering sketches or markups.
• Maintain master drawing set with current revisions for the electrical and controls design drawings.
• File master sets/originals, superseded drawings and originals as required in a timely manner.
• Complete as-built by utilizing Request for Information (RFI) forms, Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) and red-marked drawings from construction to develop “Conformed to Construction Records” as required.
• Participates in project meetings as required.
• Checks design for consistency, safety, operability and maintenance requirements before submitting to checking.
• Resolves checked drawings; prove and understand comments made.
• Routes electrical cables to generate a cable schedule.
• Model electrical components using vendor submittals and electrical designs.
• Completes miscellaneous tasks to support project development.
• Must be able to represent Kiewit manner to owners, contractors, vendors and any other contacts outside the Kiewit organization.
• Associates or vocational degree in drafting technology or high school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to three years’ of power plant design experience or related field experience preferred but not required.
• Experience utilizing 3D programs such as MicroStation, AutoCAD, Revit, AutoCAD MEP, or Navisworks and have knowledge of the latest computer operating systems.
• Must be able to conceptualize in a 3D environment.
• Must be able to communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests.
• Must have a working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and PDF software.
Please apply online at the following link: https://kiewitcareers.kiewit.com/job/Lenexa-Early-Career-Electrical-DesignerDrafter-Kiewit-Power-Engineers-KS-66210/590902500/
Listing expires on Sunday November 24th, 2019