The Accounting Clerk is responsible for providing accounting and administrative support to Capital City Oil, Inc. (“CCO”) by working closely with the accounting department on inventory, billing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
• Sort daily paperwork brought in by drivers and distribute to office personnel. Reconcile and print/e-mail daily invoices to customers.
• Import, process, and reconcile daily cardlock transactions into accounting software.
• Setup and maintain CFN cardlock cards and customer accounts (create new cards, deactivate cards, update card restrictions, change PIN #’s and respond to customer service questions related to our cardlock program).
• Receive lube inventory into accounting software and transfer products between inventory locations.
• Manage lube supplier accounts – print, enter and reconcile rebates in accounting software. Print, reconcile, and enter invoices in accounting software. Match up EFT notices with invoices.
• Process customer/account receivable EFT payments in accounting software and e-mail/fax to customers. Upload files to financial institution for payment processing.
• Generate, reconcile, and send customer statements once a month.
• Assist with various tax returns as needed.
• Support accounting department by assisting with phones, filing, and responding to customer inquiries as needed.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Associates degree in business field or equivalent preferred.
• Previous experience with accounting preferred.
• One (1) to two (2) years of experience in an office setting. Education may be substituted for experience.
• Knowledge of modern office procedures and practices, including, but not limited to, electronic mail and calendar, filing, indexing and cross-referencing methods and common use of office materials and machines.
• Strong computer and word processing skills, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to work efficiently with attention to details and quality of work produced.
• Excellent customer service skills in order to maintain professional relationships with sales manager and salespeople, department managers and employees, as well as customers, cardlock vendor and suppliers.
• Ability to handle delays or unexpected events in a professional manner.
• Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
• Ability to lift up to ten (10) pounds.
• Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to read computer screens and mail, talk on the phone.
• Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
• Interaction with staff and customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their Supervisor.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Capital City Oil, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Application instructions: 1) E-mail resumes to email@example.com 2) Please take our online Culture Index Survey – copy and paste the URL below in your browser. The survey will take 10 – 15 minutes to complete: https://www.cultureindex.com/c/Vrw01w4k84
Listing expires on Wednesday December 11th, 2019