Division: Criminal Litigation – Private Detective Licensing Unit (PDLU), Bail Enforcement Agent Licensing Unit (BEALU), and Conceal Carry Licensing Unit (CCLU)
Job Vacancy: Secretary III
Position Type: Unclassified (At-Will), Full-Time, Nonexempt, Benefits-Eligible
Position Location: Topeka, Kansas (Shawnee County)
Compensation: $15.38 hourly
The Office of the Kansas Attorney General (OAG) is accepting applications to fill a Secretary III position in our Criminal Litigation Division, PDLU, BEALU and CCLU to answer telephone calls and process applications for those units with primary responsibilities to the PDLU and BEALU.
We’re an organization that values individuals who strive to work in a team environment, where a positive attitude and willingness to assist others is critical. We seek to hire individuals who exemplify the highest standards of integrity, efficiency and professionalism. Successful candidates must be ethical, well-organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, punctual and prompt. A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required.
This will be accomplished through the following duties:
– Process incoming new and renewal applications for the PDLU (private detectives, detective agencies, detective firearm permits, and firearm instructors) and BEALU (BEAs or commonly known as bounty hunters) by opening mail, updating applicant and licensee information in the databases, printing and attaching a check sheet to the applications, logging fees received, and preparing the daily deposit to the OAG’s fiscal division for those Units.
– As needed, assist in processing incoming renewal applications for the CCLU by opening the mail, updating applicant/licensee information in the database, printing and attaching a check sheet to the applications, logging fees, and communicating with those applicants/licensees to resolve incomplete renewal applications.
– Assist in preparing, printing and mailing renewal notices to concealed carry licensees who will expire in 120 days.
– Process affiliation changes for detectives moving from an independent status to a status of being an agency detective (and vice versa).
– Assist in processing returned CCLU mail by noting any licensees who have moved out-of-state. Check for errors with any addresses and make corrections.
– Provide the Director for those Units weekly and monthly statistics of the applications received by the PDLU and BEALU.
– Mail notices to the licensee.
– Scan and index the change of address documents and renewal applications.
– Updates detectives and agencies of upcoming expirations and notifies legal of any needed administrative action for noncompliant detectives and agencies.
– Submission of fingerprints to KBI for background checks for PDLU and BEALU and provide any criminal history responses investigators and legal for follow-up and final review.
– Enter license approvals and updates the applicants statuses in the database.
– Assist in weekly CCLU renewal approval notices and mail them to licensees.
– Answer multi-line telephones promptly and courteously, provide licensing information to persons inquiring about the PDLU, BEALU, or CCLU programs.
– Log complaints filed against private detectives, detective agencies, or bounty hunters and process the complaints to investigators and/or legal for any follow-up or final review.
Additional duties may be added at any time. This announcement does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed. You would be expected to follow other job-related instructions and perform other job-related duties as requested.
– High school diploma or GED equivalency.
– At least two (2) years of experience in general office, clerical, bookkeeping/accounting, or administrative work. Education in general office practices, office administration, or related field(s) may be substituted for experience, as deemed by the OAG to be sufficient qualification to perform the assigned work.
– Successful completion of technical training program in general office practices, or office administration.
– Experience with an electronic licensing or case management system.
– Experience with an electronic document management system.