As a Machinist, you will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing process by trouble shooting, preventative maintenance, and repair of all tire-related manufacturing, processing machinery and equipment. You will also be responsible for related safety and housekeeping obligations throughout the facility.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Use common Machinist tools such as scrapers, chisels, files, and measuring instruments
• Safely operate machines such as lathes, milling machines, planers, shapers, and CNC Machine
• Apply shop mathematics, charts and tables in the efficient planning of shop work and determine the dimensions and uses of standard bolts, screws and threads
• Shape metal parts to precise dimensions within tolerance
• Perform welding activities as required
• Operate power trucks for shop work
• Maintain equipment, spare parts and materials in an orderly arrangement in work area
• Interpret blueprints, sketches, maintenance manuals and manufacturing specifications
• Work with general crafts to calculate measurements required to assure proper fitment
• Log or use computerized work order system for repair and maintenance activities performed
• Abide by safe work standards including Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO), Fall Protection, Confined Spaces, and appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Adhere to Goodyear’s attendance policy
• Perform a variety of manual tasks in varying temperatures for extended periods of time, which may include lifting light to heavy materials, climbing, standing, squatting, bending, and working at heights when applicable.
• HS Diploma/GED
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now or in the future
• Must be able to successfully complete all post-offer, pre-employment contingencies
• Ability to work any and/or rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, or overtime if applicable
• Basic computer skills
• Must provide basic tools
• Previous experience as an Industrial Machinist with basic knowledge and understanding of machine technology, construction, operation of heavy industrial machinery and power/control devices, familiar with working properties of metals.
• Apprenticeship completed as Industrial Machinist or Tool Room Machinist
• Industrial Machinist Journeyman’s card or AAS in Machinist Technology
• Desire and willingness to learn and perform across crafts
• Experience adhering to industry-specific safety standards
• Ability to communicate with all crafts to facilitate repairs, modifications to parts and to fabricate original parts.
• Self-motivated: demonstrates appropriate initiative with or without direct supervision
• Hard worker: someone who works diligently to get tasks done in a timely and safe manner
• Adaptability: the ability to make changes, and to be successful in changing environments
• Team player: an associate who can be counted on to assist the company in being successful whether working on a team or individual projects
• Commitment to working safely
• Willingness to adhere to tobacco-free policy
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. We employ about 64,000 people and manufacture products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Goodyear’s two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Listing expires on Sunday November 10th, 2019