Water Jet/CNC Equipment Operator
About the Job
Are you a motivated individual with manufacturing skills, mechanical inclination and a willingness to learn? Would you enjoy working for a growing company in a fast paced, team environment?
If so, a positive attitude and the ability to excel in a variety of different tasks would be key components in becoming a successful candidate for this dynamic position.
At Custom Sheetmetal & Roofing, Inc., we are looking for a dedicated person to complement our team. We would like to consider your resume if you have computer proficiency in Auto CAD, Solid Works, Nesting, or other CNC Software.
Applicant must have a strong capacity to handle varying work tasks including programing and operating typical programing for Waterjet, Plasma Cutting, and other CNC equipment operations, running jobs on CNC equipment, preparing files from various sources to include CAD files, prints, and verbal instructions, as well as plan and set up jobs for water jet, plasma, and other CNC equipment.
We desire a patient, organized and efficient candidate, willing to exceed expectations at any level of task. A positive attitude and readiness to help out in all aspects of the shop and office needs are characteristics that are a must to succeed in this position.
Our Water Jet/CNC Equipment Operator will handle day-to-day water jet, plasma cutting, and other CNC equipment tasks. Water Jet/CNC Equipment Operator should be able to assist in troubleshooting problems with water jet, plasma, and other CNC equipment, and be capable of making necessary repairs and maintenance. Basic welding knowledge is important, as well as customer service skills to assist with walk-in fabrication projects.
Because our environment is fast-paced and we are a small, innovative and growing company, all our team members demonstrate the ability to complete tasks with little or no supervision. Our ideal candidate is able to follow instructions well, demonstrate professionalism in all aspects of their work, and meet deadlines with ease. Our candidate wants a long term home and team to join, and genuinely cares for our business and staff, demonstrating this by having an exceptional work ethic and approaching all their work and duties with integrity and focus.
Custom Sheetmetal & Roofing, Inc. is committed to providing valuable HVAC, Plumbing, Mechanical, and Sheetmetal services to our residential, commercial, and industrial customers by creating lasting relationships with them while exceeding their expectations and gaining their trust through exceptional performance.
Skills & Experience Required
● Computer Proficiency in Auto CAD, Solid Works, Nesting or CNC Software
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Basic to advanced math & geometry knowledge
● Excellent organizational skills
● Time management skills
● Ability to read blue prints
● Mechanical inclination
● Ability to work well with a team
● Sheetmetal fabrication experience
● Basic welding experience
● Forklift operation experience
● Valid driver’s license & insurable
Duties & Responsibilities
● Program and operate typical computer programing for Waterjet, Plasma Cutting, and other CNC equipment operation
● Run jobs on water jet, plasma, and other CNC equipment ensuring all parts meet precision manufacturing requirements
● Prepare files from various sources to include CAD files, prints and verbal instruction
● Plan and set up of jobs for water jet, plasma, and other CNC equipment
● Maintain organization of job and material inventory
● Troubleshoot and repair water jet, plasma, and other CNC equipment
● Handle small walk-in fabrication projects
● Basic welding tasks
● Other duties as assigned
Other Position Details
Commitment: 40 hours per week, 7:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Compensation: Starting hourly range will depend on applicant’s level of experience and skill in key areas, plus benefits.
* Serious applicants only please. We are looking for a long term fit.
We will hold in-person interviews with qualified candidates. To be invited to interview, please submit the following:
• A detailed cover letter identifying why this position may be a fit for you, as well as identifying why your experience and approach make you most eligible.
• A resume.
• Three references with contact information.
Please email the above items to the email address for this post.