Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Reporting Relationship: Information Technology Manager
The End User Support Coordinator provides support to end users on a variety of issues by serving as the first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance. This position performs troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions, while determining the best solution based on the technical issues. This position also supports the IT Department in several areas including, but not limited to, client endpoint support, maintenance, upgrades, and software migrations.
End User Support
• Serves as the first point of contact (Tier 1) for employees seeking technical assistance via walk-in, phone, e-mail, or support request ticket.
• Responds to, monitors, follows up on, and ultimately resolves questions and service requests.
• Escalates problems to the proper Tier 2 IT staff, as necessary.
• Provides training on client endpoint devices, desk phones, policies, and other IT systems.
• Completes all required ticket fields and logs all support activity within Freshservice.
• Answers all IT support calls during business hours and opens, documents, and resolves corresponding ticket in Freshservice.
• Identifies and suggests possible improvements to Help Desk operations.
• Handles all interactions with professional, courteous, and outstanding customer service on a daily basis.
• Keeps staff informed and updated on the status of questions, problems, and service requests.
• Provides onsite support at the Topeka office twice per week, or as requested by Management.
• Assists Tier 2 staff on overlapping issues impacting enterprise applications, network, servers, client endpoints, etc.
• Assists with after-hours maintenance windows, upgrades, deployments and migrations.
Client Endpoint Support
• Supports, configures, installs, troubleshoots, and repairs Mac/Windows/iOS fleet support.
• Utilizes EMM (Meter Data Management) tools to automate software installs and administer device policy.
• Supports and maintains peripheral equipment, including monitors, print fleet, scanners, etc.
• Configures and support VoIP desk phones, conference phones, and teleconferencing systems.
• Develops how-to document to maintain IT standards and promote end-user knowledge.
• Assists with issues related to user rights management, data integrity, system security, business continuity, and disaster recovery.
• Maintains user accounts in JumpCloud, including new users, changes, updates, departures, and archiving.
• Manages user account and data in additional systems including Office365, RingCentral, iVUE, etc.
• Maintains an inventory of desktop hardware and system configuration information.
• Assists IT team members in various systems and tasks, as necessary.
• Provides coverage support for other IT team duties in supporting organizational needs.
• Performs additional duties as assigned by Management.
• Associate’s Degree in computer science, as well as one (1) year of relevant work experience is required; A combination of education, certifications and relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
• At least one (1) year of experience as a help desk technician or other customer service role.
• CompTIA A+ and Microsoft MCP certifications are preferred.
• Customer service oriented.
• Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating system administration (i.e. Windows, macOS, iOS, iPadOS, etc.).
• Highly proficient with the Microsoft Office 365 suite of products.
• Proficient with LDAP or other centralized directory services, Office 365, print management, MDM/EMM remote management products, and remote support tools.
• Basic knowledge of networking technologies.
• Experience using help desk systems to track and manage service requests.
• Familiarity with the basic understanding of ERP systems.
• Familiarity with Freshservice or other Service Desk tool.
• Ability to quickly understand new applications, diagnose and resolve technical issues.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
• Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff.
• Excellent presentation and training skills including presenting data in reports/visualizations.
• Excellent telephone etiquette and ability to effectively deal with end-users.
• Excellent research and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior and confidentiality.
• Ability to organize, monitor and adjust work as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
• Ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external contacts.
• Commitment to FreeState Electric Cooperative’s Core Values and Mission.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to read computer screens, mail and talk on the phone.
• Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
• Interaction with staff and members.
• Must be able to report to their primary worksite after regular business hours, as soon as possible, in the event of an emergency situation such as electrical outages, inclement weather, etc.
If you would like to apply for this position, please visit the following web address (https://freestate.coop/jobs). If you have questions regarding the position, please contact Chelsea Renyer, HR Generalist, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (785) 438-4816.
Listing expires on Saturday March 7th, 2020