Northrop Grumman is seeking Electronic Technician I’s in Topeka, KS-
The Electronic Technician I works at the United States Postal Service (USPS) Central Repair Facility (CRF) in Topeka, KS. The CRF is a depot repair facility for USPS mail processing, delivery, and bulk mail systems repairable parts. Examples: repairing printed circuit boards, electrical, electronic, mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies to component level. The CRF provides depot level maintenance for essential automation, mechanization, retail and bulk mail processing systems used in all mail processing and retail installations.
Our Electronic Technicians apply working technical knowledge to perform simple or routine tasks in working on various types of equipment to the component level, following instructions which cover virtually all procedures. Knowledge may be acquired through assignments designed to increase competence (including classroom training) so that worker can advance to a higher level technician. Receives technical guidance as required from supervisor or higher level technicians. Work is given detailed review when new or advanced assignments are involved. Performs testing and repair of simple electronic and electromechanical equipment using common hand tools and test equipment (e.g., multimeters, power supplies, signal generators, frequency counters, and oscilloscopes). Work typically involves such tasks as testing, troubleshooting, and replacement of components and wiring circuits. Completion of two years formal training or military training, with a strong emphasis in solid state and digital circuitry, required. Assignments may include all other duties as assigned.
• High school graduate or equivalent. Formal technical training and/or
• Completion of two years formal training or military training, with a strong
emphasis in solid state and digital circuitry, required.
• Knowledge of logic truth tables to identify outputs when given input levels.
• Understanding of general test equipment.
• Knowledge of schematic symbols, values and their meaning.
• Understanding of basic troubleshooting techniques.
• Must be able to read, write and understand the English language well enough
to perform one’s duties without undue degradation of one’s abilities.
• Must have knowledge and ability to perform component level repairs on simple
to medium complexity electronic/electromechanical items.
• Must be able to lift forty (40) pounds
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
Preferred Qualifications: None
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.