Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
The Amtrak Maintenance located in Kansas City, MO has an opening for a Full-Time Electrician.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for inspection, testing and maintenance of electrical, electronic and HVAC systems on rolling stock equipment and components in accordance with FRA and Amtrak standards and guidelines. Works on electrical systems and components with AC and DC voltage.
• Performs inspection, testing and maintenance in accordance with 49CFR regulations and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
• Utilizes a variety of test equipment, PC and graphic information to diagnose malfunctions, troubleshoot and qualify components and circuits to determine corrective actions and causes of equipment failures.
• Repairs and/or replaces doors, electronics, signs, pantographs and HVAC systems installs components such as motors, generators, switches, relays, batteries and transformers.
• Performs approved electrical modifications and repairs or replaces components, as necessary.
• Troubleshoots equipment to determine corrective actions and causes of equipment failures.
• Maintains proper care and use of materials, test equipment, machines and hand tools normally associated with assigned job.
• Must have visual acuity and hearing capability to perform the essential functions of the job unless other vision or hearing standards are required by law.
• Must have ability to distinguish and separate sounds around machinery and tools.
• Must be able to work safely around loose materials, uneven surfaces and metal plates and equipment.
• Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull loads in accordance with all applicable safety rules.
• Required to wear safety apparel and equipment when necessary.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Experience in electrical repairs, and testing advanced electrical/electronic systems and reading, drafting, and interpreting circuit diagrams, schematics and mechanical drawings.
• Experience in both A/C and D/C electrical systems.
• Must successfully complete training and attain/retain certifications applicable to assigned job.
• Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot using schematics and multimeters.
• Knowledge and skill in the use of electrical tools, equipment and the measurements necessary to meet established standards.
• Some computer skills.
• Ability to read, write and communicate proficiently.
• Completion of technical school or apprenticeship program.
• Experience in the maintenance of railroad equipment.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
The rate of pay is $31.65/hour per union contract.
Please apply on our website at www.jobs/amtrak.com. Your resume will be further reviewed someone on our Talent Acquisition Team.
Listing expires on Saturday February 15th, 2020