Maintenance Technician is responsible for minor and major repairs of mechanical or aesthetic issues; general building preventative maintenance; maintaining the environmental conditions of spaces; maintaining accurate levels of inventory related to the building’s mechanical systems; know and perform individual emergency procedures and duties as dictated by the site emergency procedure manual.
Requires very little daily supervision. Self-directed and self-motivated once trained on routine duties. Requires personal initiative and mechanical ability. Able to follow instructions, prioritize duties, and comply with deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Complete minor and major repairs of mechanical or aesthetic issues to ensure the property is optimally functional, presentable, and safe.
• Perform minor and major HVAC maintenance, such as replacing motors and bearings.
• Change light bulbs, service flush valves, clean mechanical rooms, and plunge toilets.
• Paint and/or wallpaper assigned areas and perform minor repairs to applicable areas.
• Perform minor carpet repairs.
• Demonstrate proficiency and respond appropriately to the building automation and security (including card access if applicable), fire, life, and safety systems.
• Select and monitor service providers to ensure services delivered are the most effective and efficient for the property.
• Perform general building preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is safe and effective for use, and down time with equipment meets or exceeds established specifications.
• Service and monitor the HVAC equipment.
• Maintain the environmental conditions of spaces to ensure the tenant and common space environments are acceptable for optimum use.
• Perform preventative maintenance on:
o Doors, locks, and hardware
o Wall treatments
• Provide assistance to the Community Manager to ensure that tenant improvements are accurate and address concerns with appropriate contact, such as construction or tenant.
• Monitor and maintain tools.
• Perform assigned duties as prescribed in safety manuals.
• Respond to test situations accurately.
• Maintain sufficient technical and industry contacts and knowledge.
• Participate in after hours on-call programs.
• Assist outside contractors with major inspections.
• Serve as a key contact between community managers, operations managers, general managers, and tenants.
• Apply current knowledge or devise creative solutions to proactively resolve issues.
• Utilize any tools and/or processes implemented by the organization to assure adherence to quality standards.
• Participate in capital improvements.
• Maintain operating logs and record temperatures, pressures, and chemical level of heavy equipment such as chillers and boilers.
• Complete reports and perform various administrative duties to positively support completion of activities and projects.
• Maintain accurate levels of inventory related to the building’s mechanical systems to ensure optimum levels of inventory are on hand and readily accessible when needed.
• Purchase parts and supplies from vendors; review pricing for competitive rates for parts, services, and supplies.
• Stock items when received.
• Clean up vacant areas.
• Remove debris from the building and grounds.
• Know and perform individual emergency procedures and duties as dictated by the site emergency procedure manual and the safety manual to ensure that actions promote the safety and security of the employees, occupants, and structures, and correct actions are demonstrated in test situations and actual emergencies.
• Promptly respond to all emergency situations, fire alarms, and natural catastrophes.
• Study and know the site-specific emergency manual(s).
• Assist tenant and emergency personnel in swift and careful evacuations when appropriate.
• Communicates regularly with management, vendors, equipment repair, maintenance, and tenants for day-to-day operational issues.
• Participate in continuous improvement/quality initiatives and identify improvements to, and/or develop new, products, services, or processes to result in the discovery of more efficient and effective methods and/or new offerings.
• May assist with grounds-keeping duties such as mowing, weed control, tree/shrub trimming, depending on the property and need.
• May be responsible for snow removal such as shoveling snow and de-icing walkways, etc, depending on the property and need.
• Assist and/or back up coworkers.
Schedules will be determined by supervisor based on property needs. May be required to work after regularly scheduled hours, or days, based on property needs such as completing turnovers or filling in for other co-workers. May also be required to take after hour service calls.
Number of openings:
Hourly paid position
(2) Weeks PTO in 1st year
9 Paid Holidays
20% Rent Discount for IRET rents
Volunteer Time Off each Quarter
Medical/Dental Benefits – 1st of Month after 60 days
401k match up to 5% – After 6 months
How to Apply:
IRET was founded in Minot, North Dakota, in 1970. You can find our corporate offices located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and in Minot North Dakota, along with onsite operations in eight states. From Denver, CO to Minneapolis, MN to Topeka, KS, our company continues to grow throughout the Midwest, proudly providing apartment homes to thousands of residents, extending our vision to be the premier provider of apartment homes in vibrant communities by focusing on integrity and serving others. IRET is built around our employees. Our Mission and Vision unites our employees as one team
Apply online here
Apply before this date: