As an Electrician, you will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing process by trouble shooting, preventative maintenance, and repair of all tire-related manufacturing, processing machinery and equipment. You will also be responsible for related safety and housekeeping obligations throughout the facility.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Install, troubleshoot and maintain all electrical components and systems including electronic sensors, motors, drives, PLC systems
• Layout, assemble, install and test electrical fixtures, control equipment and wiring
• Inspect, maintain and repair wiring, motors, switchboards, switches, blown fuses, various indoor/outdoor lighting fixtures and electrical mechanisms at industrial level 110vac – 4160vac
• Install, inspect, clean and lubricate AC and DC motors up to 2500 hp
• Troubleshoot industrial control systems, e.g., hydraulics, temperature control systems with steam or electrical heat source, and chilled water as cooling source
• Perform minor welding such as fabrication and installing brackets and panel mounts
• Fit and connect conduit using various tools necessary to layout, cut, thread and bend as well as cut holes.
• Work with and around live circuits and making hot taps when required
• Maintain power, lights and alarms wiring systems (Facilities Maintenance)
• Log or use computerized work order system for repair and maintenance activities performed
• Interpret electrical schematics, blueprints, sketches, layouts, circuit diagrams or specifications
• Abide by safe work standards including Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO), Fall Protection, Confined Spaces, and appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), NFPA 70E (Arc flash)
• Adhere to Goodyear’s attendance policy
• Perform a variety of manual tasks in varying temperatures for extended periods of time, which may include lifting light to heavy materials, climbing, standing, squatting, bending, and working at heights when applicable.
• HS Diploma/GED
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now or in the future
• Must be able to successfully complete all post-offer, pre-employment contingencies
• Ability to work any and/or rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, or overtime if applicable
• Basic computer skills
• Must provide basic tools
• Previous experience as an Industrial Manufacturing Electrician with basic knowledge and understanding of machine technology, construction, operation of heavy industrial machinery and power/control devices.
• Industrial Electrician Journeyman’s card or AAS in Electrical Technology
• Experience working with a variety of PLC and AC/DC drive controls, platforms, including but not limited to, Modicon, Siemens and Rockwell
• Desire and willingness to learn and perform across crafts
• Basic computer skills
• Experience adhering to industry-specific safety standards
• Self-motivated: demonstrates appropriate initiative with or without direct supervision
• Hard worker: someone who works diligently to get tasks done
• Adaptability: the ability to make changes, and to be successful in changing environments
• Team player: an associate who can be counted on to assist the company in being successful whether working on a team or individual projects
• Commitment to working safely
• Willingness to adhere to tobacco-free policy
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. We employ about 64,000 people and manufacture products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Goodyear’s two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Listing expires on Sunday November 10th, 2019