COOK – Days
Cyrus Hotel, Topeka, KS
Founded in 2011, Aparium Hotel Group is a Chicago-based, leading lifestyle hotel company owned and operated by industry veterans accomplished in hotel development, management and marketing. Aparium Hotel Group’s growth is guided by its “Translocal Hospitality” philosophy, which is the belief that great hotels are a destination sought out by travelers and a place that thrives as a gathering hub for locals. Specializing in historic adaptive reuse projects, each of Aparium Hotel Group’s properties are independent brands and celebrate the specific neighborhoods and unique history of the distinct cities in which they reside. Aparium Hotel Group currently operates ten hotel properties across the United States with more than a dozen new projects in development.
• Prepares food items according to guest orders
• Follows recipe cards, as well as production, portion and presentation standards
• Completes mis en place and sets up station for banquets, breakfast, lunch, and dinner
• Operates, maintains and properly cleans kitchen equipment
• Controls food waste and adheres to loss and usage policies
• Must be able to obtain any required food handling or sanitation certification required by local or state agencies
• Completes station checklist before and after shift
• Good reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
• High school education, cooking school or culinary institute education or equivalent experience
• Minimum two years culinary or related work experience
• Maintain a good working relationship with other associates by promoting teamwork and fostering a harmonious working climate
• Partake in a positive work ethic and surrounding environment
• Able to work alone without direct supervision
• Demonstrate high degree of drive and determination
• Constantly recommend service and product improvement to better the operation
• Attend all required meetings
• Follow proper payroll and uniform procedures
• Properly handle and report associate and guest accidents
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
• Assist with responsibilities and duties in other departments and as assigned by management
• Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel
• Standard restaurant setting
• Standard kitchen setting
• Standard Event setting
• Standard Room Service setting
• Continuous standing and walking
• Negotiating wet tile floor and steps
• Trays weigh 50lbs. >
• Carts: 250 lbs. (12-20 lbs. of push/pull force required)
• Hot box: 200 lbs.
• Banquet tables & chairs
• Hot temperatures, water, steam, and smoke
• Standing and walking is continuous for 4-5 hours at a time
• Lifting and carrying 25 lb. tray, crate or box is occasional
• Negotiating varied floor surfaces is continuous
• Carrying over shoulder is occasional
• Hand and elbow movements
• Pushing Room Service cart continuous
• Lifting and carry hot boxes continuous
• Rolling and/or carry Banquet tables continuous
• Carrying stackable banquet chairs by loading the cart continuous
• Must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10 degrees F) and kitchens (+110 degrees F), possible for one hour or more.
• Ability to physically handle knives, pots, mirrors, or other display items a s well as grasp, lift and carry same from shelves and otherwise transport up to 50 pounds to every area of the kitchen.
• Ability to perform cutting skills on work surfaces, topped with cutting boards, 3 to 4 feet in height (banquet kitchen, prep kitchen, bake shop, etc.). Proper usage and handling of various kitchen machinery to include slickers, buffalo chopper, grinders, mixers, and other kitchen related equipment.
• There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis; must be able to stretch to fulfill cleaning/inspection tasks.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Good sight and balance needed to check quality and portions of food
• Good speech and hearing to interact with guests
Aparium Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws. The hotel is a smoke-free, drug-free facility, and equal opportunity employer. Apply at our website: www.cyrushotel.com.
Listing expires on Monday February 10th, 2020