The purpose of the Culinary Lead is to efficiently plan, purchase and prepare all Banquet and Hotel food. The Culinary Lead should represent the hotel publicly, both in the general community and business community as well as be actively involved in the success of the conference center. The Culinary Lead will be the liaison between the conference center/hotel and food vendors. The Culinary Lead will ensure banquet food and beverage is prepared, managed efficiently and cleaned up while providing courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times to the hotel staff, management, guests and vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plan all meal prep, procure products, manage inventory and food cost efficiently.
2. Organize inventory, pars, ordering of food and supplies.
3. Plan all food preparation.
4. Supervise service of food to ensure quality of product and presentation.
5. Maintain invoices and inventory.
6. Manage external vendors; order and assist in the supervision of out sourced catering teams.
7. Available to work on call and accessible via cell phone in emergencies unless otherwise excused.
8. Assist in ensuring that staff has the supplies needed to run food service
9. Must complete Alcohol and Food Service Training.
10. Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws as well as all operating procedures for food and beverage safety.
11. Maintain an image of professionalism and competence to guests, clients and hotel personnel at all times.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participate in company sponsored events
2. Represent hotel at designated functions and assist with organizing client events as needed.
3. Assist and communicate with other departments as needed
4. Assist Sales Team and GM with menu costing and planning
• Though not the direct supervisor of the hotel Banquet Staff, the Culinary Lead will direct the Banquet Staff while food is being served to ensure the product is delivered in the manner that it was intended to be.
• At least two years of experience in Food and Beverage Industry or collegiate level classes preferred.
• Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, Excel)
• Business correspondence writing skills
• Must be able to assist with pushing and pulling of large or awkward objects
• Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours daily
• Must be capable of standing, kneeling, squatting, bending and sitting repeatedly
• May spend extended periods of time on the computer and/or phone
• Must lift up to 50 pounds alone
• Must be able to stand on or climb ladders and stepstools
• Must be able to get in and out of cars frequently
• Must be able to roll, move or carry tables individually
• Pleasant demeanor
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
• Maintain a professional image at all times
• Customer Service driven
• Strong work ethic
• Strive for customer satisfaction
• Product knowledge
Annual Performance evaluation performed by the Banquet Manager