This position serves as a newscast director, working with news producers, anchors and reporters, news photographers and editors to technically compose and deliver a clean and high quality newscast.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Observes pictures through monitors, and directs camera/video staff concerning composition.
• Switches video sources and gives direction at the same time during live broadcasts.
• Tests equipment to ensure proper operation.
• Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts.
• Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts.
• Sets up cameras and related equipment.
• Tests, cleans and maintains camera, lighting and studio equipment.
• Operates graphics production to create and review graphics for the newscast.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Acts as a liaison between engineering and production departments.
• Ross OverDrive experience is preferred.
Requirements & Skills:
• Must be able to perform all duties under high stress situations and conditions.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Candidates for this position must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions or outdoors during remote broadcasts. In addition, must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Must be able to climb ladder. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Topeka, KS 66618-5507