Shilling Construction Co., Inc.
Distributor Truck Driver
Reports to: Crew Foreman
Date of last revision: 03/16/01
I. Purpose of the job:
To safely drive and operate truck equipped with tank to spray oil or bituminous emulsions on road surfaces.
II. Essential functions and responsibilities:
1. Serves as a representative of the company, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions with other members of the company and with the public.
2. Connects hose from storage tank to truck tank and moves lever to fill pressure tank with bituminous liquid.
3. Regulates burner to heat liquid.
4. Starts auxiliary pump.
5. Drives truck at a constant speed to obtain uniform distribution of oil.
6. Work as a team member.
III. Supervisory responsibilities:
IV. Knowledge and skills:
1. Must possess a valid, Kansas Commercial Drivers license.
2. Must possess a working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
3. Must be clear and to the point in conveying information.
4. Must be able to work independently, with minimal guidance and supervision.
5. Must possess interpersonal skills.
6. Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, along with experience and training in construction disciplines.
V. Physical demands:
1. Job requires Medium Work strength rating as defined by the Department of Labor, i.e. exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, or greater than negligible force up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
VI. Working conditions:
1. Ability to work out-of-town, on remote, ever changing work sites.
2. Ability to work long hours.
3. Ability to work outdoors in extreme conditions of heat and cold.
VII. Management Discretion: The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of the employer.
VIII. Employment-at-Will: This document does not create an employment contract, either express or implied. All employment is employment-at-will.