Ascent, LLC is a leading provider of comprehensive solutions for the planning, design, engineering, development, and operation of data centers and other mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Saint Louis, MO, Ascent specializes in powerful, efficient, and technologically advanced mission critical facilities and offers clients a broad range of delivery models spanning shell & core, build-to-suit, turnkey, and outsourced critical systems operations. Founded in 1998, Ascent provides a full spectrum of fast track services that include project programming, design management, facility assessment, development and construction management, commissioning, and ongoing maintenance operations. Today, Ascent focuses on providing clients with innovative solutions and services yielding the highest levels of operational autonomy, efficiency, and control. Ascents clients include some of the most demanding mission critical organizations spanning multiple industries, Fortune 500 firms, and service providers. Our business is growing fast and we are currently seeking a talented Facilities Maintenance Technician.
Facilities Maintenance Technician
New Century, KS
1st shift hours with on-call and emergency hours required
• Coordinates all preventive, corrective and emergency maintenance activities, including those activities performed by Ascent, Client or Vendor staff.
• Installs, maintains, monitors, and repairs or rebuild simple or complex building related systems and equipment to include heating, lighting, locks, refrigeration, building automation systems, water and air cooling, chillers (80T), air handling, plumbing, roofs, drains, shop equipment, fire protection and life safety systems, electrical distribution (up to 480 volts), security systems, alarms and emergency/standby power systems, as well as:
o Analyzes and resolves complex mechanical, electrical, and/or technical problems
o Performs and oversees general and preventative maintenance tasks to include: Equipment checks, equipment performance monitoring, cleaning, lubrication and service of a wide variety of components/devices.
o Performs testing and diagnoses of total system operations to determine satisfactory performance and maintenance requirements. Uses tools, such as common hand and power tools – hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, precision measuring instruments, electrical and electronic testing devices and other tools necessary to perform job requirements.
• Operates energy management computerized controls. Operates and performs preventative maintenance on computer which monitors air conditioning, heating and fire systems. Knowledge of building automation software.
• Manages and maintains site Building Management Systems, CCTV, Access Control System and Maximo.
• Inspects buildings, space, grounds and/or equipment regularly for problematic or unsafe conditions.
• Assists in facility projects:
o Assists in managing facility renovations, upgrades, and build-outs including overseeing vendors.
o Implements and manage projects as required and associated items such as costs for any projects for Ascent or Ascent Clients.
o Reviews and analyzes architectural, mechanical, and schematic drawings to determine the work to be performed, and/or evaluate the work performed.
o Participates in commissioning activities and testing procedures to ensure that new and modified equipment/systems are functioning as expected.
• Interacts with internal customers, facility manager, contractors, suppliers, engineers, and architects to exchange information.
• Keeps detailed records of assignments, work activities, and required equipment history in CMMS and other real estate systems. Detailed information will be used by Facility Manager for project or budgeting purposes.
• Supports overall site operation of the data center facility.
• Provides 24/7 on-call support to facilities, responding to building related emergencies to prevent or minimize service outages.
• 3-5 years related work experience in HVAC, data center environments, or general building maintenance experience
• HS Diploma or GED required
• Technical, vocational or on-the-job training in the following areas: Electrical, HVAC, mechanical, process controls
• Maintenance experience in 24×7 and/or critical support environment
• Ability to be self-directed and work with little to no supervision
• Professional appearance, good communication and organizational skills are required
• Proficiency with basic operations of a computer; knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project and Auto Cad is a plus
• Possess competent knowledge of use and care of tools and equipment used in facilities and/or grounds maintenance.
• Possess competent knowledge of building codes and safety regulations
• Potential candidate must be able to work any shift and on-call as necessary, including mandatory overtime and holidays as needed
• Must be able to work under conditions that may be physically uncomfortable and difficult.
• Ability and familiarity with using various hand and power tools
• Must be able to lift/move up to 100 pounds
• Must be comfortable working in an environment that contains exposure to noise, fumes, cold, and heat. Will also work outdoors in variable weather conditions, and will be required to wear safety equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, protective gloves, and other PPE.
• Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI) Certification as Systems Maintenance Administrator (SMA)
• Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES) Certification
• One or two Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) from local Technical Schools or Colleges
• Experience and certification using pallet jacks, two-wheeled carts, hand trucks, and/or forklifts.
This position reports to the Director of Site Operations
All interested candidates should visit www.ascent-corp.com and select the careers tab to apply for the position or submit resume to email@example.com
Ascent, LLC offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays, casual work environment and more.
Ascent, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer