Organization: Mercury Wireless is a leading provider of fixed wireless Internet and digital phone service in North East Kansas and Northern Indiana. The company was founded in 2007 upon seeing the lack of options and real solutions for broadband Internet in rural communities. Today, Mercury Wireless serves over 25 counties in Kansas and Indiana with the use of cutting edge wireless technologies.
Position Summary: Mercury Wireless is looking for an energetic and positive personality to serve subscribers by providing product and service information, making recommendations, and providing technical support. This is an entry-level position, which will provide on the job training and teach the skills required to be promoted within the company. This position provides training, competitive pay, flexible scheduling, and both health and dental insurance for individuals and families.
Location: Topeka, KS
Position Type: Full-time
Compensation: Competitive pay plus benefits
Benefits: Bi-weekly pay; 1.5x overtime pay; performance bonuses; health insurance; dental insurance; 401k
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Provide support for customer premise equipment and personal computing devices including PCs, tablets, and routers
• Ability to analyze and diagnose Internet or computer related technical support issues, and aid with troubleshooting and resolving these issues
• Attract potential subscribers by answering product and service inquiries
• Make product and service recommendations based on expressed needs
• Address billing inquiries and assist subscribers with their accounts
• Address customer concerns in a courteous and professional manner
• Schedule surveys, installations, and repairs
Skills & Requirements:
• Basic computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Use of PC based applications to answer sales inquiries, maintain records, diagnose basic support issues, and provide technical assistance as needed
• Knowledge and ability to operate, configure, and assist with routers, switches, personal computers, tablets, and related peripheral devices
• Self-Motivated with desire to deliver exceptional customer service
• Customer service oriented and professional in appearance
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Education and Experience Requirements:
• High School Degree or Equivalent
• Associates Degree in PC Repair, Networking, or related field preferred
• COMP TIA A+ Certification or equivalent preferred
• 1-2 years related experience preferred
• The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work involves walking, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms.