We are seeking a Mechanic to work with our experienced Shop team. An ideal candidate would have demonstrated experience in repairing heavy equipment, vehicles, and other mechanical systems. This position is located in Broken Bow, Nebraska.
This person is responsible for:
– Conducting quality repairs on all agriculture equipment, resulting in maximum functionality, reliability, and longevity. Equipment types include, but are not limited to: feed and other trucks, heavy construction equipment, tractors, loaders, skid steers, fork lifts, ATV’s, mowers, vehicles, motors, and generators.
– Troubleshooting reported problems on equipment and vehicles, diagnosing breakdowns, repairing and resolving issues in a timely manner.
– Inspecting equipment, vehicles, engines, transmissions, mechanical and electrical components, as well as computer and electronic systems and running diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues.
– Supporting a culture of proactive repairs versus reactive.
– Supporting the preventative maintenance program by educating equipment operators on proper daily maintenance.
– Maintaining shop equipment, shop and parts crib work areas, parts crib inventory and shop tools in satisfactory condition.
– Identifying continuous improvement opportunities in work area.
– Collaborating with internal and external resources, as appropriate. Building and maintaining strong internal and external business relationships.
– Completing other duties, as assigned.
Ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
– Proven experience as a mechanic.
– Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and electrical components on equipment and vehicles.
– Aptitude in using various hand tools, precision measurement tools, and shop equipment.
– Ability to follow established procedures, read instructions, blue prints, auto cad drawings, etc.
– Working knowledge of diagnostic methods and systems.
– Very good problem-solving ability.
– Possess great attention to detail.
– Excellent communication and customer service skills.
– Ability to manage multiple projects / work efforts.
– Certification from a vocational school or completion of an apprenticeship is preferred.
This position requires:
– Individual must be able to work in adverse conditions, if needed.
– Exerting 10-100 pounds of force frequently. Standing, walking, bending, twisting, reaching/handling/grasping, and stairs continuously; carrying, lifting/lowering, pushing/pulling, and kneeling/crouching frequently; sitting, climbing, and crawling occasionally.
Eligible for up to a $5,000 Hiring Bonus