SUMMARY: Provide mechanical and basic electrical support of equipment used in the manufacturing of pre-weighed dry chemical bags.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Schedule and/or perform preventative and routine maintenance on production lines
• Order spare parts and supplies to maintain inventory as needed
• Responsible for quotes and/or purchases of major equipment when requested
• Maintain forms and files regarding daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual PM’s
• Follow process/procedures and ISO guidelines
• Provides support to maintenance employees
• Communicate with Plant and Office Manager as well as production personnel to resolve line problems
• Facility/Building Maintenance
• Liaison with Contractors when required
• Train Maintenance employees
• Analyze and resolve work problems, and assist workers in solving work problems using risk management.
• Complies with company policies
• Operate Fork Truck
• Assist where needed
• Production Lines, Electrical, Dust Collection – Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly.
• Extent to which position controls, directs, or is accountable for work of others.
QUALIFICATION / REQUIREMENTS:
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill / ability required. Able to do Welding, Cutting, Grinding, Electrical, Mechanical, Metal Working and understanding of OSHA compliance.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• At least six months related experience / training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Excellent leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively use networked computer systems running various custom and generic applications including Microsoft Office.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
• Must occasionally lift / move up to 55 pounds.
• Must be able to pull chain hoist to lift super sacks weighing approximately 2200 pounds.
• Operation of Fork Truck if licensed.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and elevated noise levels. The employee is expected to follow all safety procedures and use appropriate personal protective equipment.
• Thorough knowledge of all operation equipment, safety policies and emergency response procedures.
• Knowledge of the company’s Chemical Hazard Communication program is critical.