Do you thrive in a work environment where you must multi-task and have strong organization skills? Are you a go-getter with high initiative, a positive attitude and strong customer service experience? Do you have past automotive/body shop experience and are able to work with limited direction? If so, this Physical Damage Appraiser opportunity could be a great fit for you!
Who We Are: At Farm Bureau Financial Services, we make insurance simple so our client/members can feel confident knowing their family, home, cars and other property are protected. We value a culture where integrity, teamwork, passion, service, leadership and accountability are at the heart of every decision we make and every action we take. We’re proud of our more than 75-year commitment to protecting the livelihoods and futures of our client/members and creating an atmosphere where our employees thrive.
What You’ll Do: As a Physical Damage Appraiser, you will be responsible for facilitating an efficient settlement of material damage claims by determining the fair market value to repair damaged motor vehicles, campers, motorcycles, trailers, and boats utilizing CCC estimating and valuation software. This will include examining damaged vehicles that could be located at numerous locations, such as tow yards, collision centers and customer’s residence or workplace. You will be responsible for ensuring effective departmental operations by maintaining a positive relationship with local collision centers, salvage yards, and car dealers. Other duties will include reviewing our Preferred Auto Repair Shop (PARS) estimates and completing PARS re-inspections as needed, and ensuring that all estimates are computer audited to reach an agreed price with our customer’s shop of choice. In addition, you will assist in ensuring efficient operations during natural disasters by resolving claims during storms. This may require travel to other states we operate in.
What It Takes to Join Our Team:
– Two-year Auto Body degree plus at least two years auto body or related claims industry experience required (consideration will be given to candidates with less experience).
– Body shop estimating experience is preferred.
– Keep current with existing and pending claims precedents and legislation.
– Some travel is required (including overnight and out of state) and be able to work under all kinds of weather conditions.
– Must be able to fully appraise all aspects of vehicle damage.
– Strong computer skills are required in order to quickly learn our multiple systems.
– Completion of Associate in Claims (AIC) exams 30, 39, and 40 is required within two years.
– Successful candidates must be able to climb a ladder to inspect recreational vehicles.
– Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record according to Fleet Safety guidelines.
– Must reside in the South West Kansas territory – within the Garden City, Dodge City and Liberal area.
What We Offer You: When you’re on our team, you get more than a great paycheck. You’ll hear about career development and educational opportunities. We offer an enhanced 401K with a match, low cost health, dental, and vision benefits, and life and disability insurance options. We also offer paid time off, including holidays and volunteer time, as well as a company car and cell phone.
If you’re interested in joining a company that has a long history of stability, one that appreciates its employees, and offers great benefits, we invite you to apply today. Farm Bureau….where the grass really IS greener!