The Parts Issue Supply Clerk works at the United States Postal Service (USPS) Central Repair Facility (CRF) in Topeka, KS and reports directly to the Material Control Department Manager. The CRF is a depot repair facility for USPS mail processing, delivery, and bulk mail systems repairable parts. Examples: repairing printed circuit boards, electrical, electronic, mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies to component level. The CRF provides depot level maintenance for essential automation, mechanization, retail and bulk mail processing systems used in all mail processing and retail installations.
The Parts Issue Supply Clerk performs supply functions such as binning, conducting inventories, pulling for issue, and issuing piece parts and supplies. Maintains all stockroom parts at levels appropriate to supply all technician requirements, issues those parts in a timely fashion upon request, restocks bins as spares are received, and maintains inventory records and data on all stocked items, tools, and equipment. Performs all duties involved in maintaining an inventory of piece parts and supplies. Duties include locating items as received in proper storage locations, maintaining stocks on hand, participating in cyclic and special inventories as required, rewarehousing, receiving requirements and pulling correct items from stock for issue, issuing items to requestors. Maintains records for parts, materials, and equipment under crib control. Updates computers with receipt information. Reviews initial provisioning for new specifications to determine status prior to turn-on. Coordinates with Topeka Material Distribution Center on items being requisitioned from that source. Operates forklifts. Performs other duties as required.
• One year of related experience in an electronic parts and tool crib or in otherwise working with piece parts and their identification
• Forklift operation experience required
• Ability to work with computers
• Ability to drive a forklift
• Key entry skills
• Ability to be on feet 8 hours a day
• Accuracy with numbers
• Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a government Public Trust security clearance
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. Physical activity may include reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, and hearing. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.