MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (CROWN COLONY – TOPEKA, KS)
(2) Weeks PTO in 1st year
9 Paid Holidays
20% Rent Discount for IRET rents
Volunteer Time Off each Quarter
Medical/Dental Benefits – 1st of Month after 60 days
401k match up to 5% – After 6 months
Come join our growing community!
As a Maintenance Technician, you’re primarily responsible for assisting in overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance repairs, apartment make-readies, and preventive maintenance projects for the property.
IRET was founded in Minot, North Dakota, in 1970. You can find our corporate offices located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and in Minot North Dakota, along with onsite operations in eight states. From Denver, CO to Minneapolis, MN to Topeka, KS, our company continues to grow throughout the Midwest, proudly providing apartment homes to thousands of residents, extending our vision to be the premier provider of apartment homes in vibrant communities by focusing on integrity and serving others. IRET is built around our employees. Our Mission and Vision unites our employees as one team.
Responsible for minor and major repairs of mechanical or aesthetic issues; general building preventative maintenance; maintaining the environmental conditions of spaces; maintaining accurate levels of inventory related to the building’s mechanical systems; know and perform individual emergency procedures and duties as dictated by the site emergency procedure manual.
Self-directed and self-motivated once trained on routine duties. Requires personal initiative and mechanical ability. Able to follow instructions, prioritize duties, and comply with deadlines.
• No formal education is required. High School or equivalent, trade school education and/or field related experience is preferred.
• Regular attendance, punctuality and dependability required.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – Requirements vary by geographic location and property. May include, but not limited to: Boilers license, Universal Refrigerant Certificate, HVAC, pool and/or SMA Certificate.
• Valid driver’s license required if assigned to multiple properties and/or responsible for purchasing supplies or tools.
At IRET our employees and their well-being are important to us. This is why we offer a comprehensive and valued benefits package to fit the individual needs of each employee and their family. Some of the benefits we offer include:
Your Health Plans:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life/ADD Insurance – Employer Funded
• Long-Term Disability – Employer Funded
• Additional Supplemental Insurance Policies
• Competitive Compensation
• Employee Referral Bonus
• Internal Opportunities for Career Advancements
Your Money Management:
• 401k w/ up to 5% Employer Match
Your Work Life Balance:
• Paid Vacation
• 9 Paid Holidays
• 8 Paid Sick Days
• Purchase Paid Time
• Paid Parental Leave for School Visits
• Paid Volunteer Time – 8 hours every quarter
• Employee Rent Discount
IRET is an Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.