The PACE Clinic Nurse LPN is responsible for the nursing and operational functions of a PACE Clinic and Center. Through the direction of the supervisor this nursing position will provide and direct skilled nursing services in the home and clinic settings for senior services programs.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of providing services to a geriatric population.
• Completes nursing responsibilities including but not limited to monthly medication reconciliation, quarterly medication review with participants, and timely completion of required electronic medical records as designated by regulation.
• Promotes and maintains the health of participants through evaluation of care needs, and provides teaching and instruction to meet care goals.
• Provides skilled nursing care, by following identified protocols, infection control standards and prescribed treatments.
• Assists in the evaluation of medication compliance and the effectiveness of prescribed medications.
• Assists in the transcription of medication orders and communication with pharmacy providers.
• Attends and participates in daily meetings, and scheduled participant care meetings including IDT as requested.
• Confers with the Interdisciplinary Team for Plan of Care adjustments and enters changes in Electronic Medical Record as agreed upon by the team.
• Serves in the on-call nurse rotation for all Midland programs including regular, admission and death visits to assure 24 hour care delivery.
Qualifications: Current unrestricted State of Kansas License to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse; Valid Kansas Drivers License. At least one year of experience as an LPN, preferably in home or community health; Must be able to relate well with seniors and their families; Experience working in an interdisciplinary team setting is desired; Computer literate. Must possess valid Kansas Driver’s License, in force automobile liability insurance and maintain a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) that meets organization’s insurability standard as defined by Midland policy. One year experience working with the frail or elderly population.