Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC (“Heartland Coca-Cola”) produces, sells, and distributes the highest quality and best tasting Coca-Cola beverages across Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois. We proudly continue the 100+ year traditions of the Coca-Cola Company. We owe our continued success to our guiding principles of putting people first, serving our local communities, and providing great brands to our customers and consumers. These are also the principles we look for in potential new hires.
This position is responsible for performing mechanical repairs and preventative maintenance on company fleet vehicles, according to DOT and OSHA regulations; specific focus on medium and heavy duty, diesel tractor and trailer maintenance and repair.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and complete repairs on all types of vehicles.
• Perform preventative maintenance within fleet department.
• Respond to service calls as required.
• Maintain tools and area of work in an organized fashion.
• Pick up and deliver vehicles (at locations required to do so).
• Participate in and adhere to the required safety training.
Essential Job Functions:
• Complete preventative maintenance and repairs required according to DOT and OSHA regulations.
• Speaking: Constantly with customers (investigates, negotiates, recommends, reports, etc.)
• Acute Vision: Constantly (observing both near and far, reading documents)
• Typing: Frequently using electronic devices for day-to-day business (order confirmation, instant messaging, texting)
• Mobility: Frequent travel throughout customer locations (Walking in backrooms, aisles, greeting customers)
• Bending/Squatting: Frequently (lifting and placing product from the truck to the ground or from pallets to shelf)
• Lifting: Frequent- Lift 50 lbs. or less (full cases of product)
• Pushing/pulling: Frequent use of manual carts
• Climbing: Frequent entering and exiting the cab of a truck
• Driving: constant travel between Customer Locations (must be able to drive delivery vehicles)
• Commercial Driver’s License required to operate Commercial Motor vehicles
• Able to be certified on manual and powered pallet jacks
• High School Diploma or GED required with a minimum of 2 year’s work experience.
• Previous experience as a mechanic with light and heavy equipment required.
• 5+ years journeyman mechanic experience preferred.
• Experience repairing and diagnosing gasoline or diesel engines, automotive electrical systems and material handling equipment preferred.
• Demonstrated mechanical and technical aptitude.
• Valid CDL Class A Driver’s License preferred.
• May be required to supply automotive hand tools.
• ASE certification preferred.
• Knowledge of airbrake and electrical systems and components preferred.
• Experience operating Forklifts.
At Heartland Coca-Cola, we offer a competitive benefits package to all our regular full-time associates, including medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, 401(k), parental leave, and vacation.
We require all our applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to employment, including drug screening and driving records check for Heartland Coca-Cola drivers. Your employment with us is contingent on the satisfactory completion of the background verification process.
Listing expires on Sunday September 8th, 2019