The KBI is accepting applications to fill a Custodian Position in our Forensic Science Center. As a Custodian you will perform a variety of tasks to maintain a clean and safe laboratory facility in the Kansas Bureau of Investigation Forensic Science Center on the Washburn University Campus.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
• Use chemicals, cleaning supplies and equipment according to the manufacturer’s specifications comply with KBI policies and procedures on safety and chemical hygiene.
• Set up rooms according to written instructions, move furniture, and replace furniture at completion of events.
• Polish terrazzo floors using the proper cleaning material and equipment.
• Cleaning windows, both interior and exterior on established schedules.
• Dust furniture, clean woodwork, sweep, mop, dust mop; clean and sanitize restrooms and replenish toiletry supplies, maintain sinks and toilets as needed.
• Clean offices: vacuum carpet, remove trash, clean lighting fixtures, replace light bulbs, empty trash and recycle bins according to established schedules.
• Maintain security of the building to include unlocking and locking doors.
• Respond immediately to requests to clean up spills and emergencies related to weather or building systems.
• Performs all additional duties as required by the KBI Facility Manager.