The purpose of this position is to provide patient care and home maintenance interventions, under the clinical supervision of a registered nurse, as identified in the patient’s plan of care, and in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
• Performs and/or assists the patient with personal care activities according to the Plan of Care, including but not limited to hygiene, mobility, and elimination.
• Performs and/or assists the patient/family with home maintenance activities according to Plan of Care including but not limited to light housekeeping and meal preparation.
• Performs support activities as indicated on the Home Health Aide plan of care including but not limited to supporting independence, providing companionship, and providing respite for families.
• Reports to primary nurse on a regular basis and whenever changes in patient condition warrant.
• Articulates and consistently utilizes universal precautions and use of specialized personal protective gear as appropriate to patient diagnosis.
• Maintains competencies to perform patient care tasks such as, but not limited to: bed bath, shower, change of bed linens, patient transfers, oral care, Foley catheter, etc.
• Cleans durable medical equipment as necessary.
• Documents care provided and the response of the patient/family per agency policy.
Required: Current Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) certification. Must possess a valid Kansas Driver’s License, in force automobile liability insurance and maintain a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) that meets organization’s insurability standard as defined by Midland policy, if driving is required. Availability of reliable transportation may be required for this position. If driving is required, the employee must be at least 21 years of age or older, as required by insurance company underwriting standards. Have a minimum of one year of experience working with the frail or elderly population.
Preferred: One year experience preferred.