The purpose of this position is to follow organization policies and procedures to fulfill medication orders; to administer medications in an accurate and timely manner, while ensuring compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
• Demonstrates the ability to perform client care tasks: bed bath, shower, change of bed linens, turn a client, skin and nail care, oral care, Foley care, etc.
• Administers medications in an accurate and timely manner following the medication administration record.
• Notify nurse of patient request or identified need for unscheduled medication.
• Articulates reportable conditions, identifies appropriate professional to receive report and consistently reports and documents changes in client condition.
• Assists with admission and discharge of clients.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of caring for geriatric clients.
• Assist patient/participant families at the time of discharge.
• Assists the clients with personal care activities according to the plan of care, including, but not limited to, hygiene, mobility and elimination.
• Properly cleans durable medical equipment as necessary.
• Performs support activities – i.e., upkeep of the site, stocking of supplies and snacks.
• Reports changes in client’s condition and documents in the electronic medical record.
Required: Current Certified Medication Aide (CMA) certification. Must possess a valid Kansas Driver’s License, in force automobile liability insurance and maintain a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) that meets organization’s insurability standard as defined by Midland policy. Availability of reliable transportation is required for this position.
Preferred: One year experience as CMA preferred. Demonstrable knowledge in medication administration.