League of Kansas Municipalities
Reports to Executive Director, Deputy Director
The Administrative Assistant provides general administrative and clerical support for the executive director and staff. Successful candidates must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail and maintaining a balance among multiple priorities. The ability to utilize strong organizational skills and the dedication to complete projects in a timely manner is essential.
This position is key to the League of Kansas Municipalities advocating on behalf of cities, offering training and guidance to city appointed and elected officials, and serving as a resource for cities to share ideas and best practices in city operations. The administrative assistant must be dedicated to achieving work goals in a collaborative manner.
Duties and responsibilities
• Sets meetings, manages calendars and schedule travel.
• Photocopy, assemble and mail ordered publications.
• Coordinate the administrative functions of multiple programs
• Coordinate agendas and logistics for Governing Body meetings and take minutes at local meetings.
• Prepare Governing Body meeting minutes and draft correspondence.
• Maintain correspondence of the Governing Body and executive director.
• Oversee logistics of Policy Committees and other legislative meetings.
• Provide administrative assistance for other meetings and trainings.
• Answer and route telephone calls to appropriate staff; greet and direct visitors.
• Prepare word processing documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
• Conduct research assigned by the executive director.
• Maintain inventory of office supplies.
• Responsible for contributing to a positive working environment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Two years of community college or related experience.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access, and other computer programs.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
• Interaction with staff, members, vendors, etc.
• Out-of-town travel required to annual conference.
• Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift 20 pounds.
The League offers great benefits, including KPERS, health/dental insurance, and paid leave and holidays.